(((traxxas slash 2wd motor inop)))

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nscrracefan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, my boy has the traxxas slash 2wd, model 5803..... did some testing & re-setting to defaults & the motor is inop! looks like the esc is working, good charged battery, all the correct l.e.d. lights, but no operation of the motor. any & all help is highly appreciated to get this 9yr. old going again, be safe!!!

Come on Guru!! If it's brushed, take the motor wires and touch the battery for a second. If it spins, it's probably still good and time to start trouble shooting the esc.

Test RX, ESC, and motor by swaping out with known good ones until you find the problem piece, then replace it. Not really to many other ways to test electronics with the exception of a brushed motor above. If youve already done that and youve definitely narrowed it down to the motor then buy a new motor. ESCs can look like theyre working from the LED indicators but still not be functioning properly.

Come on Guru!! If it's brushed, take the motor wires and touch the battery for a second. If it spins, it's probably still good and time to start trouble shooting the esc.

:hehe:, ok, ok!!! That's the trouble shooting i did, went to Fastlane Raceway up my way jn Blue Springs, Mo. Got a new motor & cleaner!!! Did break-in, now it's ready for the 9 yr. old again!!!! Thanks for the reply Shrode!!!

---------- Post added at 8:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:21 AM ----------

Test RX, ESC, and motor by swaping out with known good ones until you find the problem piece, then replace it. Not really to many other ways to test electronics with the exception of a brushed motor above. If youve already done that and youve definitely narrowed it down to the motor then buy a new motor. ESCs can look like theyre working from the LED indicators but still not be functioning properly.[/QUOT

Yep Grey, already had done what Shrode mentioned last night! Up & running!!! Thanks!

Back