Traxxas Rustler 4x4 build (trigger warning)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewalt Drill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
This is my Rustler 4x4 it has a Hobbywing Max10 ESC Castle Sidewinder SCT motor 3800kv stokx receiver and transmitter Proline Powerstroke shocks and springs Proline Badlands MX SC rear Proline Gladiators SC up front a genius battery strap method (my creation) and last but not least striped spur
20210704_212452.jpg

Attachments

• 20210704_212529.jpg
    20210704_212529.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210704_212543.jpg
    20210704_212543.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210704_212554.jpg
    20210704_212554.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210704_212509.jpg
    20210704_212509.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 204
Dam must have been a good day. Until the stripped spur. That always blows sorry man. But the battery straps are genius. We all have been there I'm sure. All else fails duct tape and zip ties. It's a Sure thing LOL

Dam must have been a good day. Until the stripped spur. That always blows sorry man. But the battery straps are genius. We all have been there I'm sure. All else fails duct tape and zip ties. It's a Sure thing LOL
yeah it really was it's just so powerful on 4s the battery was so heavy compared to the car that it compressed the left side of the car and made it drive a little crooked but it was worth it for the speed i jumped that thing higher than my X-Maxx had ever gone that day 😆

yeah it really was it's just so powerful on 4s the battery was so heavy compared to the car that it compressed the left side of the car and made it drive a little crooked but it was worth it for the speed i jumped that thing higher than my X-Maxx had ever gone that day 😆
Hell yeah that's awesome!! good time

I hope you have a flat tray of some sort under the lipo for support. You run the risk of damaging your lipo if theres no support under it. Just thowing it out there.

How did the 1410 motor handle 4S? What kind of temps were you pulling and what gear ratio?

I hope you have a flat tray of some sort under the lipo for support. You run the risk of damaging your lipo if theres no support under it. Just thowing it out there.

How did the 1410 motor handle 4S? What kind of temps were you pulling and what gear ratio?
i had some foam under the the battery but i wasn't really worried about it since i didn't plan to drive it too long anyway i just wanted to see what it could do on 4s i did get a little carried away with the jumping though as for the gearing and heat it has a 54t spur an 12t pinion I'm probably gonna gear down the heat i didn't check but after about 4 mins of running it was fine buts that's not really accurate for a whole pack the motor ran 4s really well better than i thought it would actually

i had some foam under the the battery but i wasn't really worried about it since i didn't plan to drive it too long anyway i just wanted to see what it could do on 4s i did get a little carried away with the jumping though as for the gearing and heat it has a 54t spur an 12t pinion I'm probably gonna gear down the heat i didn't check but after about 4 mins of running it was fine buts that's not really accurate for a whole pack the motor ran 4s really well better than i thought it would actually
Good stuff. Next time you run it get some motor temps if you can. I'm just curious.

I’m curious too because I’m thinking about getting that motor with the copperhead 10
Or better yet, my LHS has a Mamba X combo for $223!

Back