Traxxas Nitro Rustler overheating after upgrades...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmx5656

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys hoping you can help me out a bit.I bought new rustler a few months ago and just installed a bunch of upgrades. Prior to the upgrades it was running fine but cracked a front control ARM. So i upgrades the front and rear control arms, front and rear shock towers, upper chassis to aluminium from RD racing. I changed the steering servo out to a hitec 645mg, then used my stock steering servo for throttle as I read to do on a forum. Also changed out tires and wheels to proline desperados with proline trenchers. Went out today for first time and after 2-3 min noticed the performance sucked and at full throttle it wasn't moving fast. So I shut it off and used a temp gauge and it read from 250-299 degrees, its 40 degrees outside today. Changed some of the tunning went a little more rich but same results. Changed out tires and wheels to stock same thing... Looking for anything binding nothing all smooth. Ran it without body still ran hot, could it be chance that after I upgrade my piston and sleeve decide to go? I have only about a gallon ran though the motor . Any help would be great I don't have any hobby stores in my area.

Last edited:
Check your tightness on your wheel nuts. It's possible that you might have over tightened them and it's causing drag on your wheels.