Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRIDGE

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone here know anything about this car. i showed my friend the towerhobbies book and he likes this car.whats your opinion of this car i have hnever even heard of it until i looked atthe towerhobbies catalog

My opinion still stands!
Nothing but trouble!!!!

EDIT>> Ok, that may have been a little vauge so I will add this, They are fine until after about your tenth tank, then they develop a mind of thier own. If you hit anything with it, it gets way out of camber and becomes a chassis and engine tuning nightmere! I have great respect for all my friends who own tmaxx's, but I have had this car, and If I was looking for another road car, A traxxas product would be last on my list! Just take it from the hundreds of 4tec owners on this site, Oh wait!! I think there is only two! Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:
nitromaniac
its not for me i would never get another onroad i love my rs4 its a friend who likes the car because it says speeds of up to 60mph in the catalog.I hardly read about this car here i just wanted to see some opinions i also remember from somewhere that traxxas gives cheap parts stock

Originally posted by FRIDGE
nitromaniac
its not for me

If you wanna stay friends, get him interested in another car!
I would not recommend this car to any of my friends!

i didnt recoment it LOL.he just looked at the boo and saw 60mph and said he wanted that one he continued to argue with me until the point in which i said its your money get what you want

Originally posted by mcvickj
I would suggest the NTC3.

That's what I was gonna post. If you want a real good RTR car, NTC3 is where it's at.

these cars are very fast in a straight line,but lack in the handling department,are not very durrable or dependable:2cents:

I have had both! Let him get the 4tec if thats what he really wants, The car will be fast!, but an NTC3 will be fast a lot longer, with alot less headaches! You asked if any one here knew about the car, Yes, we all do, I am not trying to talk him out of getting one, but their are much better choices for a first car, I am guessing he is new to the hobby because he is looking for speed, most of us here have learned our lessons about speed and know that its really not always about speed,.When I got my 4tec I too was a newbie looking to impress my neighborhood with this little street rocket! It was a good starter car, It got me addicted to this hobby and I havnt looked back since. After a while I got my NTC3 and realized what everyone was talking about, The NTC3 kept its tune, cornered like an indy car,was more than plenty fast, and most importantly, it out lasted my first car and is still running strong today! I am not a racer, but owning a NTC3 really gave me a great respect for those who do race, I was able to learn and understand the way a car is supossed to handle and react, My 4tec never held together long enough to let me experience that. So anyway! If your friend wants to impress the onlookers with speed and is set on the 4tec, I say let him go for it! But If your friend wants to be a lasting member of a great hobby, I would strongly suggest another choice!

Last edited:
TRX = poop They are nothing but trouble as he said. Since the trans uses the TRX's A/F to shift getting a new engien would throw your poop all out of whack probally.

I had a traxxes 4 tec. It was my first car. It is a okay car if ur just in it for speed. Have ur friend save time and money and get a better car like a ntc3 or rs4. at least with them you could have a toy, learn alot, and them upgrade them for a track car if you want
:juggle:

Traxxas, well heard nothing but trouble stories. Ok, not all bad stories but a lot of them. I would try and sway him towards the NTC3. Granted, it's not a 60 mph car out of the box but it is fast. Honestly, he's a beginner and has to start somewhere. The NTC3 is a good "middle of the pack" runner with capabilities to grow with the driver. Hopups are readily available. HPI makes a good product too. Granted some upgrades need to be addressed as far as durability and quality parts are concerned, but a good product.

If anything, tell him to do some research. There's a lot of better products out there. Also tell him that there is a very large learning curve and to get to the advertised speed takes a lot of good tuning and adjusting.

Back