Traxxas Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daSNAK3

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Have a Traxxas Maxx that just started doing this a few weeks ago, it only goes about 50ft away from me and it stops working, like the remote isn’t getting a signal to the car. I reset the remote, put new batteries in the remote. Not sure what else I can do at this point, anyone else have some ideas I can try?.. this one is only about two months old and has not been run very hard at all yet.

I'd check the reciever, specifically the antenna. Make sure it isn't kinked, broken, or damaged in any way.

Thanks, I also recalibrated the remote to the truck and that didn’t work, I noticed the black cover for the antenna was gone after reading your post, I pulled one of the other XMaxx I have here and put it back on and seems to be working fine now, I’ll have to order a replacement and see if I can find a better way to make it stay in place, don’t know how it fell off.

EDIT: Just tested it with the body on and while it does slightly double the distance it was before stopping, I know it used to go a lot further, antenna looks a little damaged, do you think this is enough to cut the range down that much?

IMG_2313.jpeg

I can’t seem to find a replacement for the wire… does anyone know a part number or have a link to it?.. thanks.

Last edited:
New receiver, unless you solder really good (like micro solder) and put in new metal wire at the end.

I don’t see a receiver replacement on their website that looks like it includes the antenna already attached, so do I get stuck soldering anyway?.. I have soldered before so not new to it but nothing so small.

New receiver, unless you solder really good (like micro solder) and put in new metal wire at the end.
The 2.4 are alot different from the old am. There is a wire inside another. Besides that I'm sure it's a specialty part only they have.

Post a pic of the radio and receiver if you want the same traxxas one.

Unfortunately you cannot easily replace the antenna on the Traxxas Tqi receivers As @Chubaka mentioned the antenna wires are coaxial cables, there is a wire inside of a shield that is then again wrapped by another wire.

There is a way that you might be able to fix it but there is no guarantee that it will work.

With the Traxxas receiver you will have to cut off the metal part on the end before you start this procedure. I recently did this to one of my receivers but have not had a chance to test it.

If that doesn't work then you will need a new receiver https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6533...ocphy=9020641&hvtargid=pla-377778715913&psc=1

PS Traxxas does have a 30 day warranty so if the truck is still new I would contact Traxxas and see what they have to say, they might even give you a discount if you send the old one in even if it is out of warranty.