Traxxas MAXX- a boat powered 10th scale MT!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
From what I remember the old Spartans used velineon 540XL motors. I thought it was interesting that they used the same motor in the new maxx. Thoughts? I know it would take 6s, but I also know it’s not meant for braking... which is why they limited it with a 4s ESC. Still kinda funny. The motor is (or at least the spartan one is) a fiago 540XL for those wondering.

What size is the motor? 3670?

Not sure it matters if it came in a boat or not. It lacks fins like many brushless motors, which lends itself to working best with a water jacket vs fan.

I talk to a Traxxas representative today and ask about the motor in the new Max. The motor in the max although it is the same size is a 2300 KV where the one in the Spartan is a 1800 KV

I talk to a Traxxas representative today and ask about the motor in the new Max. The motor in the max although it is the same size is a 2300 KV where the one in the Spartan is a 1800 KV
That makes a lot more sense. Right after I said my statement I was like “wait 1800kv would be a dog on 4s”

Back