Traxxas Hoss Updates Soon?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

I received word that the Hoss will soon ship as stock with the extreme suspension kit. Can anyone confirm? What will pricing look like?

Hey all,

I received word that the Hoss will soon ship as stock with the extreme suspension kit. Can anyone confirm? What will pricing look like?
Whats up. Traxxas isn't releasing a new extreme Hoss. It's just a extreme upgrade kit. That will beef up some of the drive line, A-arms, casters, hubs shock towers. Don't think they will release a whole new truck. They will make more money on just a upgrade kit..

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/9080X

Yeah, but remember the Slash Ultimate, platinum, or whatever it is called.
I did my best to build one from scratch and spare parts without "Heisenburging" it, and it still got RPM control arms and aluminum shock absorber caps. I might as well Heisenburg it afterall.
Yea no matter what RC you buy from any company. It's all about marketing to them. All RC cars and trucks are designed with breaking points in them from the start.

I personally love building them from the chassis up. It's the best way to get the RC's the way you want them. And you'll spend less money building from scratch. Then buying one and then throwing on all the aftermarket parts you want/like.

Even with my Xmaxx witch was a pretty expensive RC truck to begin with. And said to be the strongest RC out. I still have over a 1000$ in aftermarket parts and accessories. To make it better,stronger, and they way I want it from stock.

Just because I am a Traxxas man, don't let that fool you. Every one of my land vehicles has been taken apart and built back up, if not just to replace the black screws with stainless.
Ok what does that mean man? what the hell are you talking about man. You can change screws?

I was saying building them is more fun. And that no matter what rc you buy you always end up changing parts. So it's better to build them the way you like to build them. You would better of building one if that's what you like to do

Whats up. Traxxas isn't releasing a new extreme Hoss. It's just a extreme upgrade kit. That will beef up some of the drive line, A-arms, casters, hubs shock towers. Don't think they will release a whole new truck. They will make more money on just a upgrade kit..

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/9080X
Local shop told me the expected timeframe is Sept-Oct for Hoss to come in with upgraded extreme suspension parts as stock with no price increase. Is it true?

Wow your crazy man
The best part about this is. You think you have to prove your self. And that I was putting you down in some way. Absolutely ridiculous bud.

It is what it is. I am not here to prove myself. Most of my cars are hand me downs I got for doing favours, RC and automotive related, likewise, how I get many spare parts. I put in motors, transmissions, differentials donated by my work taken in trade. Add my unique customizations, and you've got a Heisenburg. I haven't spent much out of pocket $$ in the last few years, but my collecting and building haven't slowed.
I don't really have time to get into what else my work involves, but a few cap feathers : HPE Rustlers (search for that you might find those cars) for circle track racing, built a home grown "Slagster"(might find that build under the term rat rod) before the hobby makers conceived the idea, bodies by Heisenburg, search for that thread if you want and I have the only boats I have seen with functional, switchable lights.
I am Unwatching this thread, so no need for a duel of words or qualifications.
I RC my way. Stadium vehicle racing, cruising, building to my own demand. That's the end of that chapter.
J Bird, good luck with your build. I have a Stampede with minor driving mods, but mostly beauty enhancements and a Rustler 4x4 drifter. I am more of 2 wheel drive an on-roader. It is not unheard of for Traxxas to release a premium version of previous models like the Rustler vs Rustler VXL, which included brushless motor, adjustable camber links, ball bearing for the wheels, ect. The slash ultimate came with that stuff plus some aluminum upgrades I believe.
I apologize for the acrimony by posting has caused.
Wow. Nut job. Have fun racing cars.

Local shop told me the expected timeframe is Sept-Oct for Hoss to come in with upgraded extreme suspension parts as stock with no price increase. Is it true?
That I'm not sure about to be honest. But I can't see traxxas putting out a extreme version with out a price increase.Do you already have a hoss?

That I'm not sure about to be honest. But I can't see traxxas putting out an extreme version with out a price increase.Do you already have a hoss?
No Hoss yet. Went in to purchase but was told the updates are coming soon. They look fairly durable now. I suppose I could upgrade some critical parts and be just as happy as waiting for the “extreme version”.

No Hoss yet. Went in to purchase but was told the updates are coming soon. They look fairly durable now. I suppose I could upgrade some critical parts and be just as happy as waiting for the “extreme version”.
Oh I'm sure you could probably make it much more durable. Then what traxxas will call extreme. By putting on different aftermarket parts. Other then those made by traxxas. Have they released a break down of what they are adding or changing to make it a extreme version yet? That you know of bud

I have a Hoss with all the upgrades, that I wanted. All blue aluminum, To the steering, tie rods ECT... My first modern RC. Body looks kinda crappy ,ugly stickers. My 1st try. :rolleyes:
20220509_171608_resized.jpg
20220509_182617_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Hoss with all the upgrades, that I wanted. All blue aluminum, To the steering, tie rods ECT... View attachment 169726View attachment 169727
Nice truck man. Are you still running the stock traxxas electronics? With all that aluminum weight added on to it? Or you got a better esc and motor? Got to be careful with what parts you make aluminum on these RC's. The breaking points of the RC start to change. Just a heads up not sure if your aware of that.

Nice truck man. Are you still running the stock traxxas electronics? With all that aluminum weight added on to it? Or you got a better esc and motor? Got to be careful with what parts you make aluminum on these RC's. The breaking points of the RC start to change. Just a heads up not sure if your aware of that.
Yeah. running RPM A arms, plastic. Steel drive shafts front and rear. 17mm hexes. Stock motor and ESC. Has more than enough torque to get er dun. It goes like heck. Very pleased with the rig. It handles like a dream. I think the extra weight help to keep it planted in the bumps. A couple of other pics.
20220531_123645_resized.jpg
20220531_072858_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. running RPM A arms, plastic. Steel drive shafts front and rear. 17mm hexes. Stock motor and ESC. Has more than enough torque to get er dun. It goes like heck. Very pleased with the rig.
Nice. I love the RPM a arms. Got them on all my traxxas vehicles except my X. Running the Traxxas HD a arms in that one. Tried to get them for my Kra 8 but dont make them in blue for it yet. You don't have too much aluminum on there. I used to run aluminum alot when I was younger. But realized it broke just like the plastic and was more money. So I only use aluminum on certain parts now. Like steering and covers. Nothing on the suspension traveling parts...

I use RPM on my xmaxx. I tried a set of the Traxxas HD arms and snapped one on the first run.
No sh*t really wow.. and you soaked them in WD didn't you? That must have been a hard landing. Upper or lower broke

Yes I soaked them but I don't remember which one it was.

Back