Traxxas Forum is getting ridiculous...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I PM'd him about the rules...they've removed the link to the rules - asking him where the rules are...

He has NOT responded (Holmie).

Kind of funny you mentioned that. There was a thread going last week that said there were additions to the rules. I responded, asking for what the additions were, since I couldnt decipher what was new and what was old. I havent seen the thread since.

OQ started the thread.

Well, personally I take offense if you don't use any cursewords. I enjoy getting cussed out :devious: I guess you have to be into that sort of thing though......Well gotta go, my wife is screaming at me.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the TRAXXAS to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented , threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

We at TRAXXAS require that you do not post e-mails or submit to or publish through Forums or otherwise make available on this Site any content, or act in a way, which in our opinion :

· Do not attempt to bypass the language filters by using $ymbols, *tars, e x t r a s p a c e s, etc. Moderators will delete your entire post. There are kids as well as adults participating in the forum. Keep the Traxxas forum rated "G" for all ages. Be the one to set a good example for others.

Note: TRAXXAS has a zero tolerance policy. Posting something to the TRAXXAS forum which personally attacks another forum member or contains profanity or any type of racial or ethnic slur will result in immediate suspension of your user account

Just a couple of excerpts from the TRAXXAS rules of engagement (military terminology)...I find it interesting that the parts I highlighted in bold print are not rigorously enforced across the board. According to these rules, guys like Jason399, TwinTurbo10/11, LowGear, etc should have been canned a long time ago. I find that the "our opinion" clause is particularly subjective and invoke a common quote...

"Opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one and they often stink."

I also find their rules to be a violation of everybody's constitutional rights to free speech...this is particularly offensive to me, since I am one of the few, and proud to be so, who serve my country and defend every other person's rights to those freedoms guaranteed by the constitution. If they want a "G rated" site, I've got no problems with that. If they want to limit people's ability to voice their opinions, good or bad; if they want to limit people's ability to share information, for example other good and informative sites, I find that abusive.

Per their recommendations, despite my desire to help other RC hobbyists, I will no longer frequent the TRAXXAS Forum. I will come to a better site and spend my efforts in pursuit of making it a better place to be...that site will be RC Nitro Talk.

From the Traxxas rules.
When you use this Site you are fully aware of our respective legal rights and obligations. For that reason, we have created these Terms of Use as the legally binding terms to govern your use of the TRAXXAS message board. Please read these Terms of Use carefully before using the Site, because they affect your legal rights and obligations.

Well if Traxxas going to have a 0 tolerance rule, they better clean house.

According to the rules anyone unable to bind into a legal contract Can, Should, and will be banned from the site. Each state is different but most use the age if 16 or 18.

What do you think?

They would most likely lose half of their membership, if they did that. They might also find it to be a happier place, and easier to moderate...

wowwee...a guy has a rest for a while and all goes mad in forum land.
Sky i was suprised to see your thread on traxxas,and even more not to see a reply from traxxas or one of it`s mods.and you are a very fair dude and cool person to be in touch with.
i do think on any forum,as soon as you hit [Submit Reply] you are open to attack,most of the guys on here are great and i would talk to on AIM if it was any good;) i can't get it to work.
deleting a post should be followed by a pm explaining reason for doing so,we are all men so we can take the heat if we do wrong.
tt for now;)

can anyone remember Daddas .. boy do he get the raw end... its all about power and it seems like the mods on the traxxas forum have gone power mad

Hey guys- I used to post on the Traxxas forum quite a bit, I read it a lot. It used to be a great resource. I got out of RC after I moved and had no time. The bug just hit me again and hit me hard. I went back to the Traxxas forum to find almost none of the helpful posters there. It was kind of sad, then I found this board. I'm excited to be able to have access to the good help and info again. About Daddas, he got booted after he had problems with a battery company(I forgot which one, but it doesn't really matter) and posted his thoughts about the company.

ND

Welcome to a better place...Nitro Dave

I feel bad about Daddas,
We were both in on that one.
I feel bad he got the boot.
I have his e- Ill dial him up.

listen to this about OQ. I do not use slander, bad words or point fingers. I may post stupid questions but I'm sort of new to nitro. Anyway I was using the img feature. All I was doing is after my post i would add an img. OQ was editing then and then sent me this pm and this is a quote
Slack off on the smilies and animated gifs please, they get annoying after a while & also they end up being broken links after a while due to server upgrades. One or 2 here & there are OK but you have been posting them in everypost lately.
Thanks
OQ

All I was doing is using a feature the forum service provided. I thought it was strange.

any thoughts on this...

I havn't had a prob with the traxxas mods but i see that HW is quite a you know what. If you say anything bad about any company he'll either close the thread or post about how you are wrong and that you probably messed it up. :x

Sad, isn't it? Some people.
I would be the first to admit I'm harsh. Tough, deal with it.
For all the sniveling, whining and crying that's going on here, a guy would think you people are having a gun held to your head to go to Traxxas.
It's real easy, if you don't like it, don't go there.

Bye.:cheerful:

scary enough, I agree with HolmWrecker.

Some of these threads against Traxxas sounds like the fat guy suing McDonalds cause he is fat. :\

Point of the matter is, why do you go to the traxxas forum if you dislike it so much? Believe it or not, if it wasn't for Traxxas THIS site wouldnt be half as big as it is now.

-Michael

Well hopefully YOU take it as constructive criticism and maybe make it more of a place that people would like to enjoy being at.

Otherwise more and more of your 'quality' posters are going to end up elsewhere. Even if not here, it will still be somewhere else.

The common denominator is people are complaining and nobody is listening!

Umm, we don't go there. We stay here. We like it better here. We can whine, moan, and complain all we want. Tough. Deal with it.

LoL - works for me then! :D

-WoodiE

actually I am not complaining about traxxas. I have no problems with them. (i follow the rules) I was just sharing some info. I think the mods have a very difficult job I never want to be in their shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back