Traxxas Drag slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got Traxxas drag slash. I have to admit that it is awesome. Really nicely built, fast on 3s, I like launch function, stable, didn't flip it. Body looks amazing. Magnum transmission is extremely silent. Rear tires are very plush. There is one guy in Madison WI who sells rc with a little bit of discount, it was 290$ shipped no taxes, but it's on sale at amain for 299$. If you have a budget, definitely recommend

IMG_20220830_101622158_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220830_103128556_HDR.jpg

I'm not much into drag cars but this is beautiful, congrats.

I am amazed by drag slash. Had to add 2mm spring spacer on the right shock. Now it goes straight like an arrow. I am running 3s stock gearing. Top speed is 58 slightly uphill, 60 slightly downhill. Best time I achieved is 2.96 with almost empty battery, but the wheelie bar is too low. It's super stable, didn't flip it yet, and I have 4 packs so far. I am not doing burnouts and it looks like stock tires will last relatively long time, not a significant wear so far

Even driving solo with no one to race, I have to admit it's much more fun than what I thought. Actually in a couple weeks I will convert my bandit vxl to "outlaw" drag car. I don't plan to race, so it will not be 2s or anything fancy and expensive. Goal is 80 to 85 miles an hour top speed outlaw just to have fun on parking lots

Screenshot_20220901-031422.png

Screenshot_20220901-042928.png

IMG_20220901_045700294_HDR.jpg

Crashes at 80+MPH are pretty common and costly but it sounds like a hoot :)

Crashes at 80+MPH are pretty common and costly but it sounds like a hoot :)
Yes, I agree. Stock drag slash is super stable going 60 and breaking on that speed. I guess more aerodynamic outlaw body will help even more plus belted tires. I was expecting drag slash to be almost uncontrollable at 60, but it takes it like a boss

The data logger really makes it more satisfying. You can SEE what changes really do.
Yes, totally agree. It's not that fun if you have no one to race with. But with data logger it's fun to beat your own record

I am amazed by drag slash. Had to add 2mm spring spacer on the right shock. Now it goes straight like an arrow. I am running 3s stock gearing. Top speed is 58 slightly uphill, 60 slightly downhill. Best time I achieved is 2.96 with almost empty battery, but the wheelie bar is too low. It's super stable, didn't flip it yet, and I have 4 packs so far. I am not doing burnouts and it looks like stock tires will last relatively long time, not a significant wear so far

Even driving solo with no one to race, I have to admit it's much more fun than what I thought. Actually in a couple weeks I will convert my bandit vxl to "outlaw" drag car. I don't plan to race, so it will not be 2s or anything fancy and expensive. Goal is 80 to 85 miles an hour top speed outlaw just to have fun on parking lots

View attachment 151573

View attachment 151574

View attachment 151575
Those are impressive speeds for a stock car.
I've been hitting 60mph with mine constantly, I just changed the spur gear so hoping to reach 65
Screenshot_20220918-100650_RC Gears.jpg
but goal is definitely 75mph 😁👍

Last edited:
Back