Traxxas 4 tec hot rod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonZ55

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
My hot rod keeps spinning the the plastic gear on the drive shaft. It all falls in place when I repair and put new gear on. And then I'll run it and it spins where the little holder pin goes. It's ruined 4 now. What am I doing wrong or what is going on??? Any ideas will help!

Well I did have a surpass hobby f540 which is 4370kv. And it did it with a 2s or 3s. Now I just switched over to an onyx 4000kv.

My hot rod keeps spinning the the plastic gear on the drive shaft. It all falls in place when I repair and put new gear on. And then I'll run it and it spins where the little holder pin goes. It's ruined 4 now. What am I doing wrong or what is going on??? Any ideas will help!
I am not sure if I understand what exactly is the problem but it sounds like a lose slipper clutch

This doesn't have a slipper clutch. It's a spur gear and pinion gear only on steel driveshaft with a pin holding the spur gear into place. Where the pin holds into place it keeps destroying my spur gear. It's just spinning the pin right thru them. I did just order new driveshaft and metal spur to see if it helps.
This is what it's done to 5 of these of different sizes so can't be that.

Attachments

• IMG_20230506_155803788.jpg
    IMG_20230506_155803788.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 26
Is the pin the right size? Do you have free movement if the driveline? I can't imagine anything else that would cause that unless you are overpowering it.

Well the pin fits snug in the gear. But it's starting to get oblong in the hole on the driveshaft. So that's why I ordered new shaft and metal gear. The motor is a lot more powerful than the stock one. But it's all steel driveshaft... Didn't think I would have this problem. So hopefully metal gears help. I order another 55t metal and 62t metal.

Back