traxxas 1/10 slash 4x4 6s custom

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
new to the rc game- bought off ebay, no battery or charger. the motor says ARRMA 2050 KV 390205 four pole and this other part says BLX 185 ARRMA AR390211 BEC: 3A/Max 12A 3-6s LiPo any idea on what I need for power? I am after power not speed

That’s is plenty of power. Check your gearing and if it is too fast put a smaller pinion on the motor. Best of luck!

Looks like all Arrma BLX electronics. For more power I would go into the ESC settings and turn up the punch or put a smaller pinion gear in.

What car did you get?

DOH. Oh its in the title. Slash 4x4 with 6s BLX electronics. That thing would be very very monster. I'm not even sure if you can even fit a 6s lipo into the slash.

Thats one thing to get more power. Do more cells. I would run it on 3 or 4s lipo first and then 6s if you want too. With the bigger battery, you will need the battery expansion kit or a different way to hold in the battery like a velcro strap or tape. Or my personal best, zip ties. Lol.

new to the rc game- bought off ebay, no battery or charger. the motor says ARRMA 2050 KV 390205 four pole and this other part says BLX 185 ARRMA AR390211 BEC: 3A/Max 12A 3-6s LiPo any idea on what I need for power? I am after power not speed
Welcome to RCT!

The slash is intended for 1/10 scale ESC/motor and 2S - 3S LiPo. Someone has taken it and crammed an huge 1/8 ESC/motor in to it. If I was a betting man, and I am, Id say that they either did that in order to do 6S on-road speed runs or if not then they are selling it because they were trying to using it off road and kept destroying the drivetrain. You can try to run 6S if you want and see how long it holds up but if its not being used for on-road speed runs I'm betting you'll start breaking stuff pretty quickly. Personally Id run it on 3S or maybe 4S max for off road use.

Last edited:
That’s is plenty of power. Check your gearing and if it is too fast put a smaller pinion on the motor. Best of luck!
I should have clarified... what I am after is what to do about getting a battery to work with this setup. what size etc. like I said.. I'm pretty green here

I wouldn't run on 6s any day. You will be going through something in the drive terrain every bash. I would start out with 3 or 4s lipos. I watch a YouTuber and he put a VXL 6s system in a Traxxas summit and goes through diff gears and stub axles every bash.
Note that these will be bigger batteries so you my might need the battery expansion kit or something else to secure the battery if the previous owner didn't do that.

I wouldn't run on 6s any day. You will be going through something in the drive terrain every bash. I would start out with 3 or 4s lipos. I watch a YouTuber and he put a VXL 6s system in a Traxxas summit and goes through diff gears and stub axles every bash.
Note that these will be bigger batteries so you my might need the battery expansion kit or something else to secure the battery if the previous owner didn't do that.
👆 this is what I'm NOT going to do.
I should have clarified... what I am after is what to do about getting a battery to work with this setup. what size etc. like I said.. I'm pretty green here
I would not run it on 6s unless you want to blow stuff every run. It's going to become a money pit.

I don't think I'm going to run the rusty on 6s. I will just stick to 4s when I get the combo.

Welcome to RCT!

The slash is intended for 1/10 scale ESC/motor and 2S - 3S LiPo. Someone has taken it and crammed an huge 1/8 ESC/motor in to it. If I was a betting man, and I am, Id say that they either did that in order to do 6S on-road speed runs or if not then they are selling it because they were trying to using it off road and kept destroying the drivetrain. You can try to run 6S if you want and see how long it holds up but if its not being used for on-road speed runs I'm betting you'll start breaking stuff pretty quickly. Personally Id run it on 3S or maybe 4S max for off road use.
ok greywolf- they say you're the battery man.. I don't know poop about these rc cars- it hasn't been my thing ever- just trying to get a battery in this rig so I can off road with it- I am a coyote hunter and want this to carry my electronic caller out in the field a bit- so fast I don't need. just have to carry a little weight .

I don't think I'm going to run the rusty on 6s. I will just stick to 4s when I get the combo.
Yea. 4s is pretty much the max 1/10 rcs. I watch this guy: https://youtube.com/@RCKnockout

He has a slash 4x4 (Ultimate basher build) he is running a knock off Hobbywing 150A ESC (6s) but he only runs on 4s. He has a slash 2wd which he has a castle Cooperhead 10 which he only runs on 4s.

Yea. 4s is pretty much the max 1/10 rcs. I watch this guy: https://youtube.com/@RCKnockout

He has a slash 4x4 (Ultimate basher build) he is running a knock off Hobbywing 150A ESC (6s) but he only runs on 4s. He has a slash 2wd which he has a castle Cooperhead 10 which he only runs on 4s.
oh, nice.

V man you are rc newbie? you have a 1/10 scale made for 2 cell. may touch a 3 cell but not a full pak. you want 6 cell. you have zero rc experience. learn what that motor will do on 6,thats 51000 rpms of speed in a what 3-6 pound rc so what tires do you have ? dont have anything in the direction of this rc when you ru it

ok greywolf- they say you're the battery man.. I don't know poop about these rc cars- it hasn't been my thing ever- just trying to get a battery in this rig so I can off road with it- I am a coyote hunter and want this to carry my electronic caller out in the field a bit- so fast I don't need. just have to carry a little weight .
I get what you are trying to do and I'm also a coyote hunter and use a Foxpro, however I haven't been out in a couple of years.
My guess you will only get under a hour of run time especially with your electronic caller on top of it.

I get what you are trying to do and I'm also a coyote hunter and use a Foxpro, however I haven't been out in a couple of years.
My guess you will only get under a hour of run time especially with your electronic caller on top of it.
an hour will be great plenty- just run it out and sit still and call- maybe do a little circle or back and forth when the yote is coming in just to get his attention. thanks all to your input- I have purchased a 3s battery

an hour will be great plenty- just run it out and sit still and call- maybe do a little circle or back and forth when the yote is coming in just to get his attention. thanks all to your input- I have purchased a 3s battery
What are the specs on the battery? Mah? C rating? Make sure that the battery has the same connector as the esc. The BLX system I'm pretty sure has an IC connector. Not sure on what size IC tho.

I used the under a hour for a example. I hope it works for you. Keep in mind though, RCs are not super quiet. A yote has good ears. ;)
You would be better off buying a crawler.

Last edited:
For what you're wanting to try and use it for, hunting, Id put a 2S lipo in it and I would get one with the highest mAh rating I could find that will fit in the battery compartment so it will last the longest amount of time possible. C rating wont matter if thats all you're going to do with it.

If you're going to try and play with it then Id get a 3S pack with the biggest mAh rating and at least a 50C rating.

Theres no standardization on battery pack sizes for LiPo so make sure you check the dimensions on the pack vs your battery tray before ordering.

Back