transmitter's busted?!?

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
think so.. so went to run my rigs today and what the hell!! when i turn my stearing wheel on my transmitter to the left,it turns left. when i turn to the right, it turns left.. so i swapt recievers and it did the same thing. reversed the servo's so throttle is stearing and stearing is throttle and it did it to my throttle servo. only goes one way!! the servo's work fine in my hitech and i tested 2 futaba recievers. its the weirdest thing couse they worked fine just a few weeks ago.. any sugjestions? its a futaba 3pm, about 3 years old..

Man that is strange! It is the FM correct? I killed my 3PM FM...hooked the battery pack up backwards and damnit! If it was the 3PM 2.4 I could hook you up since I have a spare but...
I would crack it open and look at the switch for the steering...think one of the wires came off the right and is touching the left steer side? I mean that is probably unlikely but it it's broke you are not going to break it worse right?

I read your post 3 times, thought long and hard about it, and came up dry. I've never encountered anything like that.

I'm gona take it apart tonight, but its just so freaky. i have had and heard of PLENTY of radio problems, but this is strange. maybe I'm just pissed couse i just got a new rig but now no radio..f.m.l.

so i didnt figure it out, but its working just fine now. i peaked the reciever battery and still nothing. took it apart and put it back together and still nothing. i reset 2 of the 4 model settings, still nothing, then i reset the hole radio using the reset guide from the futaba web site, pulled the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. plugged it back in and it works a charm.. i'll still be saving for some new gear. i need a radio with 4 recievers, so its not cheap(2.4).. not really sure what happened but it works now..

newbie here, i have a sportwerks dead recvr ,and wonder if anyone out there has seen a web page showing rc schematics?

Unless you're used to soldering micro circuitry, It's probably easier to purchase a new receiver for RC. The Receivers start at ~$30 and go up to $129 for ground type models.

Back