Top speed of the rustler right now.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Got a gps in. Zip ties it on to the front shock towers/ body mount. Got up to 37.6 MPH on 2s lipo and 23/86 gearing. Might try to shave some weight off and go and get a 3s lipo. And this was on a street near my house and it was busy since everyone is coming home from work and the road I had. 37 was a good top speed. I think Traxxas states around 40 with 2s and a vxl system. Any ideas on how to shave off some weight?

PXL_20221216_215135539.jpg

PXL_20221212_010113201.jpg

PXL_20221212_010129573.jpg

PXL_20221212_010142321.jpg

Agree 37.6mph (60.5kph) is good starting speed to build on.

What is your goal? Any speed in mind or just go as fast as you can with the package you have? What is your run-out distance? If radio range is the only limiting factor, shaving weight may not be the first consideration. Lighter the car gets the easier it kites at speed-aero and other things being equal.

Before going 3S, perhaps look at trying a smaller spur gear for a bit more speed on 2S? 40mph (64.3kph) would be a nice round figure to achieve.

Agree 37.6mph (60.5kph) is good starting speed to build on.

What is your goal? Any speed in mind or just go as fast as you can with the package you have? What is your run-out distance? If radio range is the only limiting factor, shaving weight may not be the first consideration. Lighter the car gets the easier it kites at speed-aero and other things being equal.

Before going 3S, perhaps look at trying a smaller spur gear for a bit more speed on 2S? 40mph (64.3kph) would be a nice round figure to achieve.
I have the Radiolink RC4GS V3 which I think it's rated at 400meters so about 1000 feet. I really don't have a goal. I just wanted to know the top speed and all. Trying to get 50 plus mph. 50 is a good speed. Yea a smaller spur should do it. Right now I have the stock 86t spur and a 23t pinion.

I like 110-140 myself 🤪

Got a gps in. Zip ties it on to the front shock towers/ body mount. Got up to 37.6 MPH on 2s lipo and 23/86 gearing. Might try to shave some weight off and go and get a 3s lipo. And this was on a street near my house and it was busy since everyone is coming home from work and the road I had. 37 was a good top speed. I think Traxxas states around 40 with 2s and a vxl system. Any ideas on how to shave off some weight?

View attachment 156851

View attachment 156852

View attachment 156853

View attachment 156854
You don't want less weight.

Rustler is a short wheel base rc and already light weight. You should install a wheelie bar and more.weight up front to keep front end on the ground

and vent the lid once you start getting up around the 65+MPH speed range

Back