Today's speed runs with the Arrma v5 Typhon speed build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Went out and got a few more runs in today with the v5 Typhon. New rx/tx so had to get used to the change and new spot with a lot more traffic so went ok. New PB of 76 not a big jump but lost the pinion on the last run and about went off the road?. Still had fun and here's the vid if you want to check it out and SUBSCRIBE if you enjoyed it!

Went out and got a few more runs in today with the v5 Typhon. New rx/tx so had to get used to the change and new spot with a lot more traffic so went ok. New PB of 76 not a big jump but lost the pinion on the last run and about went off the road?. Still had fun and here's the vid if you want to check it out and SUBSCRIBE if you enjoyed it!
You are going to put another ESC and Motor in there, right?

You are going to put another ESC and Motor in there, right?
For now no, I'm going to see how far stock setup will go as I don't have deep pockets and next week will have no job due to covid closing down the store I've worked at for almost 6 yrs. Obviously the goal is a MMX8S setup but that's also almost half the cars price.

For now no, I'm going to see how far stock setup will go as I don't have deep pockets and next week will have no job due to covid closing down the store I've worked at for almost 6 yrs. Obviously the goal is a MMX8S setup but that's also almost half the cars price.
You could always sell a rig or if you win the BRCC you can sell that. I wish you the best of luck with your work. It is really rough getting those cars up to 90-100mph with the stock system(weight). The wing has a lot of drag and downforce causing the front to lift. You should mount the phone on the underside of the wing, not on the top.

Ya it's all a big learning curve and experimentation. I've got other wings to try eventually, and gearing etc to play with. Ya don't think I'll sell any rigs as they are all different and have different styles and drive differently, and I love every one of them. It's all about fun and learning to me not about jumping right in to a 100+mph setup and not being able to handle it and causing possibly hundreds of dollars in damage. Had a close call yesterday and it was as close as I'd like to get to wrecking at high speed. Yes there is always the variables that can't be controlled such as blowing a tire or diff. But again I'm starting lower by choice and slowly moving up, I'll throw a beast system in it when I can and am comfortable doing. Appreciate you opinion but I'm also almost three times your age and you've only been doing this what a year or so?

Back