Tmrx4 defender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is sitting in front of our house and rarely gets driven but I have done a lot of work to it so far, I just want to get it painted.
She runs awesome, sounds awesome with a brand-new full exhaust system, new wheels and tires.

IMG_1253.JPG

Mine is sitting in front of our house and rarely gets driven but I have done a lot of work to it so far, I just want to get it painted.
She runs awesome, sounds awesome with a brand-new full exhaust system, new wheels and tires.

View attachment 134238
That's a good looking truck. Good thing all the rust is only surface. Blessing that we live in a dry climate

Yep, just surface and only on top of the hood and cab. Someday I hope,,,

Well $h1t hit the fan on the defender tonight......... wife blew her first motor and saw the magic smoke release 🤣. Turns out 12 turns on 3s with stock gearing is a little much for the motor to handle for long. I need to get a new pinion so I need recommendations as gearing isn't really my strong suit. She was doing snow donuts and she likes to just beat the truck. Crawling isn't her interest just trails and general bashing. It was plenty quick with the setup just the gearing was too stressful on the motor. Replaced the arrma 12 turn mega with the traxxas 12 turn from my 4tec and it started smoking lightly so I stopped and concluded it needs a regear. Any recommendations would be much appreciated
It's also running stampede bigfoot tires as well for a little extra clearance in the snow

You should really go brushless if the only thing that trx is gonna see is bashing! Brushless lasts forever when geared right... Doesn't even have to be that expensive if crawling is out of the picture.

Anyway, pinions can be had for a few bucks so get a few and play around. You may have to buy a 45t spur if you have a 39 in there to gear it down properly. And some slipper pads, they don't come included.

Or, you know, just get a 21t motor :)

Some action shots of the wife doing some snow bashing the raptor
20211230_185859.jpg
20211230_185909.jpg
20211230_185907.jpg

I've still got the stock 21 turn motor and it's still good. She likes a little more speed but refuses to go brushless in it. Although since I am the one who works on it and not her that may happen without her knowledge lol

Stopped at lowes for some supplies. I think I should have at least the bed and a quick suspension done tonight. I ended up going aluminum on this one and if it works like I think it will I'll get brass and do an enclosed one from brass