Tmaxx motor won’t stay running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr. anderson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I gotta Tmaxx 3.3 and finally got it able to run after I picked it up from a friend I rebuilt the motor and got it to start. It runs wide open but as soon as I let off the gas it dies. It starts easy motor doesn’t get hot and new glow plugs. I’m running 20% in it and still after a month havnt been able to drive it just on the stand when I start it up. Any ideas

I gotta Tmaxx 3.3 and finally got it able to run after I picked it up from a friend I rebuilt the motor and got it to start. It runs wide open but as soon as I let off the gas it dies. It starts easy motor doesn’t get hot and new glow plugs. I’m running 20% in it and still after a month havnt been able to drive it just on the stand when I start it up. Any ideas
I'm guessing the car aint new, seeing that you rebuilt the motor.

1. Check your idle gap.
2. Make sure you carb does not close fully when letting off the throttle.

Otherwise if those are good, reset your needles to factory settings. The car might be super rich and drowning in fuel when trying to idle.

Have you tried to reset the carburetor to factory settings