Tmaxx gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want to make my tmaxx 3.3 2wd, the catch is I want to flip a switch and its 4wd. Like on the electric e Maxx, has anyone ever done this. Do you know what it requires is it possible

I don't know if it is possible w/o heavy modification. The emaxx does not have this ability either.

You would be lookin at installing like a "freewheeling dig" unit that would allow the front to "unlock" vs locking it like a rock crawler. Your easiest option would probably be to remove your front driveshaft and leave everything else intact. Removing the driveshaft would be as easy as taking out the grub screws on each end and removing.

Then what would he use for brakes? Seeing as how the brake disc is mounted to the front driveshaft.

Then what would he use for brakes? Seeing as how the brake disc is mounted to the front driveshaft.

You would leave the brake yoke on the transmission (just like an S Maxx).

O.P. You could build a transmission to be 2wd or 4wd. It would take a bit of modification but it can be done.
You would need a 2 piece output shaft and bell mechanism and activate it with a 3rd channel like you would for forward/reverse.

I have an old brushed e Maxx and I can change the gaers from hi to lo, I thought it would be fun because I don't really need the 4wd on the road, and wanted to be able to switch when I needed it. I guess I'll just do some stuff and see how it works. I would have to make another plug to the receiver for the controller. I got the idea because my old 2.5 can change into reverse and was wound earring if I could switch things up and switch gears

Back