Tmaxx engine is fine but barely moves

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then it could be the OWB inside the transmission or one of the pins is sheared off in the trans. If your running a big block on a stock trans, it likely won't last very long. I ran full RRP steel in mine. At the time, RRP didn't offer 2 speed steel gears, only the primary output and smaller dual input, I had to live with plastic for the 2-speed larger gears, but they held up ok for the most part.

Try to see where your losing power to the wheels. Could be a sheared pin on a tire/hex, slider axle, etc.

You can move on to those other areas if you want. Clean out the entire transmission and thoroughly clean the bearing in it but if you don't have the correct spring on the slipper clutch, you will still slip there. It needs ALOT of tension. Nitro engines are quite powerful and it is important to have it quite tight. Many people I know tighten it completely so they get no slip at all but I don't recommend that. You should back it out 1/4 turn from bottom to protect your parts.

UPDATE:
The slipper clutch is NOT the problem. I ran it again just to make sure; it is not slipping. Probably the problem lies with the pawls, Soni will lubricate them.
Weird fact:
Don't know if this is supposed to happen, but the truck will spin it's wheels when lifted off the ground. When on the ground, it barely moves.
FYI:
The slipper clutch moves the rod at the front, and I know for a fact it is not slipping. As I said, I will check the pawls and lubricate them.

Attachments

• 15929546098033926569600263228959.jpg
    15929546098033926569600263228959.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 15929546345692308916311604322864.jpg
    15929546345692308916311604322864.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 62
UPDATE:
The slipper clutch is NOT the problem. I ran it again just to make sure; it is not slipping. Probably the problem lies with the pawls, Soni will lubricate them.
Weird fact:
Don't know if this is supposed to happen, but the truck will spin it's wheels when lifted off the ground. When on the ground, it barely moves.
FYI:
The slipper clutch moves the rod at the front, and I know for a fact it is not slipping. As I said, I will check the pawls and lubricate them.

Be careful where that lube ends up at ,if it gets on the o-way bearing ,an the shaft it rides on ,you will be getting
a new o-way soon!

Be careful where that lube ends up at ,if it gets on the o-way bearing ,an the shaft it rides on ,you will be getting
a new o-way soon!
First off, please don't take me the wrong way. When you first showed us the picture I noticed the slipper clutch was rigged right away so I just assumed that you might not be familiar with it. Before I made you rip the entire vehicle apart I want to make sure the simplest solution was taken care of properly. I'm not being an ass. When it is put together again try this. Place your car on the ground, hold the spur gear with your finger so it can't move, then try and roll your car backwards. What happens?

FIXED!
The problem turned out to be the pawls in the tranny. They weren't flicking out even at the high rpm when given max throttle, so I lubricated them with wd40. However, it doesn't shift into second gear. I can't hear it. This is either due to the pawl not being lubed enough, or the shift points are set incorrectly. Thanks everyone for contributing to this post! If you have any suggestions for the shifting, please submit a response below.

First off, please don't take me the wrong way. When you first showed us the picture I noticed the slipper clutch was rigged right away so I just assumed that you might not be familiar with it. Before I made you rip the entire vehicle apart I want to make sure the simplest solution was taken care of properly. I'm not being an ass. When it is put together again try this. Place your car on the ground, hold the spur gear with your finger so it can't move, then try and roll your car backwards. What happens?
Nothing happens, the spur gear does not move.