Tmaxx battery for receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymous.

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
So I was wondering how to get a rechargeable battery for my tmaxx…right now it’s a little block that holds some AA battery’s but it’s not the most trustworthy and there is a charge port on top of the box and I have seen people put some kind of little traxxas battery in there that you recharge and if it is possible what charger do you need?

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• 9A6DE582-6D89-4FAF-B126-9E974BA388B8.jpeg
    9A6DE582-6D89-4FAF-B126-9E974BA388B8.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 215
So I was wondering how to get a rechargeable battery for my tmaxx…right now it’s a little block that holds some AA battery’s but it’s not the most trustworthy and there is a charge port on top of the box and I have seen people put some kind of little traxxas battery in there that you recharge and if it is possible what charger do you need?

Here is a pic:
I generally use LiFe or LiPo packs for receiver batteries but you can buy 5 cell "hump" packs or even just use rechargable AAs. You can charge any of those with a basic lipo charger.

Last edited:

Here is a pic:
I got hump packs in all my Tmaxx's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-181654_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-181654_eBay.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_20211003-181758_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-181758_eBay.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 139
a 2/3 receiver pack is a hump pack. 2cells on the top and 3 on the bottom.

a 2/3 receiver pack is a hump pack. 2cells on the top and 3 on the bottom.
Yeah I got it last night.. totally didn't click in my head until after I reply. Oh well I'm a jack wagon. I didn't let it register.🤦🏻‍♂️ everyone uses different wording or phrases or abbreviations for everything these days.. dam phones....🤣🤣

Just get a 6amp hump pack.. why bother with two packs. When all you need is one..just a thought

Why two 3amp pack. Why not just get the one that is needed? Like a 6amp hump pack.. just curious?🤔
Sorry... the cells are called "2/3A" sized cells. What was used typically in 6V NiMH receiver packs for many years.
theshorelinemarket_2615_834436126

Sorry... the cells are called "2/3A" sized cells. What was used typically in 6V NiMH receiver packs for many years.
Ahhh I didnt realize that those hump packs used 2/3A. I thought they used Sub Cs. Didnt even register in my brain that 2/3A was referencing a cell size cuz I havent messed with any non standard cell sizes in years now.

Yeah no I got that it didn't click in my smokey foggy brain till after I replied. I looked up at one sitting on my shelf. And went 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ idiot that's not what Olds ment. He ment the amount of cells 2over 3 cells are in the hump pack. Sorry I'm a jackwagon..🤣🤣🤣
See did it again didn't even realize. That's what the hump packs have in them. I just thought they were a smaller type of C style rechargeable... see I'm a true jackwagon.....🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Ahhh I didnt realize that those hump packs used 2/3A. I thought they used Sub Cs. Didnt even register in my brain that 2/3A was referencing a cell size cuz I havent messed with any non standard cell sizes in years now.
I used to build them... then it became just as cheap to just buy the dumb things already built. The last few I've bought went bad due to lack of use/sitting so long between charges. I rarely run nitro anymore, a couple times a year at most.

I used to build them... then it became just as cheap to just buy the dumb things already built. The last few I've bought went bad due to lack of use/sitting so long between charges. I rarely run nitro anymore, a couple times a year at most.
I never built any of those. I used to build stick packs a fair amount and rebuilt tons of battery packs for cordless drills and the like but I hardly touch NiXX anymore. Even for my nitros I tend to run LiFe or LiPo packs.

I never built any of those. I used to build stick packs a fair amount and rebuilt tons of battery packs for cordless drills and the like but I hardly touch NiXX anymore. Even for my nitros I tend to run LiFe or LiPo packs.
I should do that with my revo's, since I only have 2 nitros left. I have a couple 10A castle bec's that I could throw in a balloon, then throw a 2S pack in them with the balance plug hanging out somewhere so I don't have to crack it open to charge... should be able to find a decent capacity 2S pack that will fit where a 2/3A 1600mah flat pack fits.

I should do that with my revo's, since I only have 2 nitros left. I have a couple 10A castle bec's that I could throw in a balloon, then throw a 2S pack in them with the balance plug hanging out somewhere so I don't have to crack it open to charge... should be able to find a decent capacity 2S pack that will fit where a 2/3A 1600mah flat pack fits.
Yeah I only have 3 Nitros left myself...At least if you dont factor in the nitros that I dont have engines for that I plan on converting to electric lol. Hell one of the 3 nitros I do have left is pretty much a shelf queen at this point do to parts getting hard to find.