Tmaxx 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destroyer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a used tmaxx and whenever I apply throttle slowly it will jerk forward and if I dont apply throttle slowly it will die what should I do

So you are saying that if you "gun it", it stalls out? Probably running too rich, or a bad glow plug. I'd set the needles to factory settings, change the plug, and tune it from there.

The jerking is normal. There's a secondary clutch in the transmission that helps people avoid throwing it into reverse when the rpm's are high. As you increase throttle, the pawls come out and engage, dramatically.

If you don't care about reverse, install a forward only conversion, then it will take off smoothly. It increases the strength of the transmission as the FOC output gears are twice as wide as the stock gears, which are narrower to allow room for the forward/reverse mechanism. It also removes a decent amount of rotating mass out of the trans which makes it a bit more responsive.

The stall could be in the LSN setting ,it may just need to be turned a little to get the stall out ,but not sure if you
need to turn in or out ,you can try both ways ,just take notes of your turns so that you can put it back ,only turn
it at 1/8 at a time!

Thanks it is now running and not dieing on me

That is great!....:thumbs-up:

Also ,if your engine is still on a rich tune ,meaning floody fuel ,it will choke an die when you throttle it too fast ,
blip the throttle a few times to clear the fuel ,may need to lean the HSN a little as well!

I had gotten used engines before that was still set on factory settings after break-in was done ,the people gave
up on it ,rather than tuning as they didnt know that it was required!