Tmaxx .15 engine swap help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard its just as easy to tune but its got more power

Okay yeah thats what i read also I'm wondering if the .18tz or .21 will hook right up to my ezstart do u know?

no they will not i was gonna do the ezstart on my os18 but wont work. my normal starts the first pull everytime thow.

The O.S .18 or .21 will rip the stock drive train apart in little time.

Ahh man that sucks what about the os.18tm?

---------- Post added at 5:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:57 PM ----------

Just saw ur coment snook, will it really? I was thinking about that too, i want the best upgrade i can do while keeping stock chassis i want to eventually have an all alluminum chassis then ill put something big in

my other tmaxx has the 2.5r in it. it is rippin sob. the 2.5r would be a good upgrade for it. mine has the extended chassie on it and it will still do wheelies when it hooks up. the 2.5 is a good motor to before i put the 2.5r in it. it had the 2,5 in it it still ran pretty good for even haveing a broke piston in it. u can get the eztart motor on ebay for about 20 bucks or less with. if you buy the motor of there too you will be at about 120 for ezstart and motor then you will have to get exhaust and that will depend on what kind you want for the price. you could do the 2.5r engine, ezstart , and compltete exhaust for right around 150 off ebay

Okay yeah that sounds really good i think thats what I'm going to do for now and what makes the 2.5 a 2.5r? Whatd u do to it?

i know the heads are different and i think the 2.5r is suppose to have a different port job to it. there is a price differnce in them but i think its only about 10 bucks i could be wrong thow.

Years ago there was a difference in the porting of the 2.5 and 2.5R. They are now identical and have been for a while except for the cooling heads. The blue machined head cools a little more efficiently than the cast silver head.

Ohh okay well thanks man! Appreciate it!

The last pm you sent i couldnt respond to. Said it would not allow me to send messages to you or you were restricted from receiving them.

Dynamite T19 from amain.

Last edited: