Time to replace dual disc brake pads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenwing7

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've gotten about 1/2 a gallon on my brake pads and was wondering if now its time to get new pads, It doesn't have the stopping power that it used to have, everything else is the same, is it worth scuffing the pads, or just replacing them all together? and what is the best way to do this? will I have to take the entire tranny off, just want a little info before I do this :cheers:

The pads should last a lot longer than 1/2 a gallon. Mine lasted about 6 gallons. You can replace them without pulling the transmission.

Last edited:
I have tried tightening the little screw on the end of the linkage rod but its becomming absurdly tight and won't go much farther!

i had this happen just today ...the brakes started fading, untill it would hardly stop

turns out the 2 screws that hold the pads to the tranny had just loosend up..i tightend them up & viola its like there new again ....

no your pads should not be nearly worn yet, id say something else is wrong

edit

no you do not HAVE to remove anything to replace the pads ...you do if you want to replace the disks themself though

Last edited:
SWEET! I will do this as soon as I get my stuff unpacked this weekend, I'm so excited I get a HUGE work area in my new garage

I think that most likely your pads are slippery cuz of all of the dirt creates a smooth surface on top. Same thing happened to me. All you have to do is scuff the pads and they will be brand new again. I used a little grinding rock that came with my dremel kit. I guess you could use sand paper.

Back