Follow up to Prior Revo Thread—Slipper Clutch Adjustment in Revo 3.3 Tekno Electric Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out4lox

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I have a Revo 3.3 Tekno Electric Conversion. I got the transmission (re-)done, thanks to help from Graywolf on this Site, and others. I used a second speed locker from EBay to finish the transmission.

So I took the truck for a maiden run using 4s on the truck’s Turnigy/Hobbywing (well, I think Hobbywing and it’s years old) 6s capable power system. The truck ran briefly and quite sluggishly, until it came to a stop. After the truck came to a halt in this manner, the motor would “rev” freely, with the Revo staying stock still. So while I thought at first I somehow blew the transmission, I’m surmising now that I simply had set the slipper clutch too loosely as the slipper pads simply flew apart. (The motor was “revving”/spinning freely and two of the three slipper pads were gone.) One more thing, FWIW: I started with the non-metallic, dark colored slipper pads that look like they’re made of ground up … I’m not sure what. And I replaced the two missing pads with the same, “base” pads. I think I have a set of the upgrade, metal ones around somewhere. Would switching to the metal pads potentially be helpful?

So … A Simple Question: As initially I had the slipper set pretty tightly (at least I thought so), should I now tighten doen on that thing so it’s clamped down REALLY tight, in that it essentially forms a direct connection with, so far as I can tell, NO detectable slippage at all? I mean, do I really even NEED the slipper function at all? Incidentally I’m running without the mechanical brake at present.

Thanks to everyone and anyone who generously took the time to read this!

4629A7ED-2F60-4A0B-B5CF-D385AF76934C.jpeg

B380574E-67F2-4194-A27D-E245C84007F6.jpeg

A666AD96-FDBC-402C-81FE-B248D6CF59D9.jpeg

82136758-2C00-418A-9A97-7D869E6C006B.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back