Throttle not closing and staying half way open when I hit brakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamnotsmart

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Why is my nitro rustler staying open after I hit brake then close when I hit throttle does anyone know it’s a nitro rustler if anyone knows let me know thank you idk if there’s a spring for my nitro rustler I’ve been fixing one and recently put a dynamite .19 in it

Why is my nitro rustler staying open after I hit brake then close when I hit throttle does anyone know it’s a nitro rustler if anyone knows let me know thank you idk if there’s a spring for my nitro rustler I’ve been fixing one and recently put a dynamite .19 in it

Sounds like the linkage points slipped, or the throttle trim got adjusted by mistake and doesn't return to neutral. You can make those adjustments without starting the engine.

A throttle return spring could solve it

Sounds like the linkage points slipped, or the throttle trim got adjusted by mistake and doesn't return to neutral. You can make those adjustments without starting the engine.
Yeah I will have to look just installed a new engine and when I hit brakes engine stays open half and after hit throttle stays closed it’s weird

The carb may be binding. Usually fix that by rotating the carb/carb arm. You want the throttle wire to be as parallel to the carb slide motion as possible. Unless it's a rotary carb, then you want it as perpendicular to the pivot direction of the carb arm as possible.

This is on traxxas' site for the 2.5 linkage and honestly, I'd rotate the carb a few hours clockwise so the wire was more parallel with the slide action:
4410linkage.jpg

Having it how they show it would cause it to bind after a while more than likely. Especially with the composite carb they use.

https://traxxas.com/support/Throttle-and-Brake-Linkage-Adjustment