Throttle on Rustler VXL set as steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktc888

RC Newbie
Reaction score
OWNER OF A KRATON....

I know this isn't a Traxxas forum but I was hoping someone could help..

My brother has brought a rustler vxl. The throttle is somehow set as the steering

I have been following tutorials and been looking through the manual.

None of these things have worked to change it back around.

Any suggestion would be appreciated...

Switch the plugs in the receiver
I have just this second read something about that which I'm going to try. But still can't get my head round it because it's brand new and never done it before. He has never messed with the receiver

Basically his misses has brought it him for Christmas, she let him have a quick go 2 days ago (everything was perfect)

Came to get it out again today and now the steering and throttle are the wrong way round

The car has been brought brand new from shop

Where was it bought from ?
I'd suggest contacting the retailer and advising them that after a short test run the car started behaving like this. It could be a symptom of further issues ahead.

it sounds like he hit a switch on the controller to reverse the signals or something, otherwise the plugs in slot 1 and 2 need to be swapped on the receiver

There aren't any switches on the Traxxas TQ controller that would cause this and if the esc and servo were in the wrong slots it would have had this problem from the get go.

My best guess would be a faulty transmitter but otherwise this one has me scratching my head.

Will contact the supplier tomorrow.

Once again thanks for the replys ?

Like I say we watched a short video which did not work for us but did wor for a lot of other people. It's normally a straight forward job to do. I personally think after reading comments that it does have a bigger underlining issue. We will see abit later today

Back