Threw a GoPro on the slash tonight just for fun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I was digging through some stuff I never opened when I moved and found my Hero8 Black with some sticky mounts. Threw it on the roof to see if I get any cool footage this weekend.

IMG_1992.jpeg

Trying to get a group together Saturday for some parking lot oval racing. It the footage looks cool I might turn my Rustler into a chase car. Between our group we probably have 4 or 5 of em. Slap em all over the rusty and get out in the mix with it. RC Larry Chen style haha.

I'm debating putting one in my LMT lol. i feel like that would be cool to film

I'm debating putting one in my LMT lol. i feel like that would be cool to film
My only concern is if I flip it the camera is going to take a beating. I thought about putting it inside looking out of the windshield but the lexan is pretty wavy. Probably look like it’s looking through a hundred year old window 😂

My only concern is if I flip it the camera is going to take a beating. I thought about putting it inside looking out of the windshield but the lexan is pretty wavy. Probably look like it’s looking through a hundred year old window 😂
lmao yea thats where i was gonna put mine, ill have to take the little driver mould out of the roll cage lol, i just dont wanna get a super expensive go pro for this though

I've read that if you get one of the clear underwater cases for your gopro, it offers pretection from rocks and minor tumbles, not to expensive for an added layer of protection.

Tape the latch down and your good. I had 3s, a 4 and a 7. One almost got ejected, the tape helps. I hit mine at speed and had it come off too. Only real damage is sliding on it. I did put some flat spots on the case.

Tape the latch down and your good. I had 3s, a 4 and a 7. One almost got ejected, the tape helps. I hit mine at speed and had it come off too. Only real damage is sliding on it. I did put some flat spots on the case.
Good tip! I’m pretty sure I have a roll of gaff tape around. I’ll throw it in the pit box.

Back