three times the fun...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
So early this morning I loaded up three of my little microwarbirds and drove up to the big, open, deserted elementary school parking lot for a little "dawn patrol" flying. I took the Japanese Zer0, the T-28 Trojan, and my newest little bird, a P-47.
Folks, these are each one a superb flier. I had a ball connecting the battery, establishing control, and taxiing to my take of spot. Since there was no wind at all, I could go in any direction, and I did. I would take off, get a little altitude and go through some basic aeronatical gyrations- loops, rolls, reverse rolls, low-level high speed runs, and then slow it all down for scale flying. and then I'd line up the plane, bring it down, and slow it down, and set it down as softly on the pavement as I could.
It is a blast to land one of these little planes, taxi it using throttle and rudder and then re-take off for another short flight.
A local police officer on patrol drove by and he seemed to be impressed with the flying.

On another note, I am finding that the motors on these little microwarbirds wear out and become unusable fairly quickly. There's no easy way to do a motor change on most of the cheap little planes, so I have a number of dead bodies lying around. If any of you have ideas on possible ways to do motor swaps, I would appreciate hearing.

Good flying to all- Ed

Back