Thoughts on this 1/5 scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My belief is because they have a bad rep from attitudes such as seen in these posts. I also believe in there infancy they were not great quality. But there are tons of videos of people who love their Redcat. Some are old. There are videos after owning them awhile. I see no real difference between them and traxxas or hpi other than the cheap little plastic parts traxxas sells are mass sold at every hobby store around. And mostly what i see on this forum is basing from people that have only owned a single vehicle from a long time ago or no experience with them at all. Either way it doesn't matter. I'll shut up now. I'll probably go find a more red cat friendly forum. Nothing worse than a guy buying a truck and going to a forum and instantly told by everybody what a piece of crap he bought. It would sway the opinion of a lot of folks. Eh whatever.

A lot of the experiences are only a few months old. I also see this problem every month while I'm visiting my lhs's. While the bigger brands are not perfect, I have had far fewer problems with them from the start. The only major problem with a Traxxas product that I had (and was a design flaw) was that the reverse gears in my Revo 3.3 were ground off by an Opti-Drive malfunction (Opti-Drives are almost universally hated because of this and removed quickly by the end user).

The most telling thing, in my opinion, is the lack of aftermarket support for Redcat. If they are as good as you claim, why don't they (RPM, Vanquish, MIP, Pro-Line, etc.) make any for the Redcats?

It's all good. I just like irritating the anti Redcat guys. Oh wait that's the whole forum. Lol. Notice nobody says Redcat sucks because i owned such and such model and it did........ It's really as bad as politics and Haley Honda argument. The main thing is you enjoy the hobby.

So first, you get upset and demand that only those that have firsthand experience with them make comments about them. Then a long standing member who has had firsthand experience with them comes and gives feedback, and you're still starting arguments about it. Listen very carefully, those of us with many years in the hobby have learned to do firsthand research before spending a good chunk of our hard earned money, that's why it's called re-search, you do it beforehand. If you're happy with your Redcat then that's fine and dandy. BUT, if you continue to down people and start arguments on this site to defend your purchase, it's going to end in a vacation for you. You've been warned, I'm tried of it.

I don't know the answer to your questions and even if I did it would not be good enough.
So first, you get upset and demand that only those that have firsthand experience with them make comments about them. Then a long standing member who has had firsthand experience with them comes and gives feedback, and you're still starting arguments about it. Listen very carefully, those of us with many years in the hobby have learned to do firsthand research before spending a good chunk of our hard earned money, that's why it's called re-search, you do it beforehand. If you're happy with your Redcat then that's fine and dandy. BUT, if you continue to down people and start arguments on this site to defend your purchase, it's going to end in a vacation for you. You've been warned, I'm tried of it.
I was courteous and downed nobody while presenting my statements. I defended my post with my belief. If you choose to send me on vacation that is your right as moderator or admin or whatever you happen to be. I already mentioned I would find a more Redcat friendly forum so now I can only assume you are defending your long time veteran friend while supporting only his belief and right to disagree. Please do as you wish but I have done nothing wrong and wouldn't lose a moments sleep if you ban me. I thought this was friendly conversation (notice the lol's and such) and all i asked for was for some consideration. And the OP certainly was not upset.

I'll probably go find a more red cat friendly forum.

As entertaining as I find your fanboy posts, it's clear you will never see the forest through the trees. Let me help you out so you can be on your way.

redcatrampageforum

Buh Bye

I'm sorry all of you cannot be more open minded. I realize you will all band together and dog me together and that's ok too. see ya's, I did not come here to be outed for having a different opinion nor to upset the very tight niche group you have here.

Last edited:
See post #6
and yet you keep coming back :thumbs-down:

Nobody is dogging your truck or you. Just your insistance that we agree with you.

I'm sorry all of you cannot be more open minded. I realize you will all band together and dog me together and that's ok too. see ya's, I did not come here to be outed for having a different opinion nor to upset the very tight niche group you have here.
We are open minded. I have asked at least twice where the aftermarket support for Redcat is and you have ignored that. As far as "niche groups" go, this forum has a very wide base of knowledge and users with a multitude of different rigs which is the exact opposite of the word "niche".

Well then soooooo the Losi 1/5 5IVE-T is a good way to go LOL

Alright i appreciate it all thank you

I already mentioned I would find a more Redcat friendly forum
redcatrampageforum.com is probably more what you're looking for then. Those guys love redcat so much they created a website just for redcat.

This horse has been beaten to death now and while everyone is free to express their own opinions, everyone should also realize we're not all going to agree. I don't see this thread progressing any further so it's being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back