Thoughts on the SC8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thegeneral337

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have read all the posts, but seems most are people just getting their trucks. I have narrowed it down to the SC8 to start over with, but have failed to find any real person reviews on the truck. So before I spend the money to order one. Please, give me all the feed back as possible.

General

I have one but due to time constraints and weather,I can't tell you anything about driving yet. It'll be spring before I can drive it.
I have been looking for upgrades/mod parts and they're out there except for bodies and tires/wheels unless you go to buggy wheels. There is a Redcat that's 1/8 scale but that's it,all the other sc trucks are 1/10. I'm not sure if the body would work from the Redcat,but the wheels won't.

Other than that,it's quality built and very nicely scaled. It's all I got for you at this time.

I have one but due to time constraints and weather,I can't tell you anything about driving yet. It'll be spring before I can drive it.
I have been looking for upgrades/mod parts and they're out there except for bodies and tires/wheels unless you go to buggy wheels. There is a Redcat that's 1/8 scale but that's it,all the other sc trucks are 1/10. I'm not sure if the body would work from the Redcat,but the wheels won't.

Other than that,it's quality built and very nicely scaled. It's all I got for you at this time.

Thank you.

Right now the really only thing I am looking for on the mod side is street tires. I am wanting this truck to serve 2 purposes. 1. off-road bashing and racing if I can find a track. 2. Drifting

I looked at the Traxxas Slayer, but not sure if the suspension set up would work for drifting. A Rally car would be perfect but they all seem just a little too low for off road.

What can be done to a slash to make it handle better? This might sound like a dumb question but, can you run nitro in cold weather?

I have read all the posts, but seems most are people just getting their trucks. I have narrowed it down to the SC8 to start over with, but have failed to find any real person reviews on the truck. So before I spend the money to order one. Please, give me all the feed back as possible.

General[/Quote After owning my sc8, for a year now. I have been very pleased!The performance right out of the box is outstanding,king of shortcourse as we know it now!The only thing I would suggest is taking it too, a track designed more for shortcourse racing (smaller jumps and sweeping turns) and you will not regret your purchase.The only down fall of this truck is the front bumper mounts and front bumper are not as strong as I prefer.But,this will be resolved with an upgraded version.