This one I most definitely have to share...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @watertrucker . I took it back apart and there was a part or two missing on the reverse mechanism, so I took it all out and reinstalled the shifting gears and works great now. Don't ask me how but it does... :p
I'll take it out and tune it in the morning and make a few adjustments. Getting too hot out there for me now.
Thats good to hear! those pesky reverse gears were causing me trouble too.
Good to know its fully up and running now, you should include another video when you have the chance

I'll give it a shot, a videographer I am not.. :(

No luck on the mounts used in the How2rc videos. I search his site and his domain has expired so all I get is different sites linked to it. No luck finding any mount close to that.
Sorry bud I didn't know hr stopped. For what ever reason. I found his mounts. In those crazy we have everything sites. His YT channels brings you there. But there are a couple motor mount for the 2.5 I've found that's really all you need.could 3D prints one actually. Dam printers do everything
Thanks @watertrucker . I took it back apart and there was a part or two missing on the reverse mechanism, so I took it all out and reinstalled the shifting gears and works great now. Don't ask me how but it does... :p
I'll take it out and tune it in the morning and make a few adjustments. Getting too hot out there for me now.
Dude that's awesome!! Good job 👍👍 can't wait to see it Rip. Looks good
Thats good to hear! those pesky reverse gears were causing me trouble too.
Good to know its fully up and running now, you should include another video when you have the chance
Never really like the reverse. I just pushed the shifter in and took out the servo. Never really wanted to go in anyway for me. It's like the self righting. It's nice but use it enough somethings going to give

Last edited:
I'm going to keep it nitro for awhile just to see what she can do.
Oh you are going to like it man. You can can gear it and other upgrades. And make it a little beast👍👍👍 awesome shes running man congrats

Thanks. I really enjoyed it actually. At least now I know that truck inside and out...;)
I was really surprised she started so easy.

Thanks. I really enjoyed it actually. At least now I know that truck inside and out...;)
I was really surprised she started so easy.
Oh it's the best trx nito made IMHO.
Never had a problem with it. Great little truck. It's always good thing to go threw and over new or old trucks. Knowledge is key. Glad you like man👍👍

Nitro is definitely fun and a head turner. I love my Kyosho Mad Crusher.

Nitro definitely seems to be picking up some steam as of late, I see the threads, and a lot of stuff on Facebook really coming alive the past year. I suspect when Kyosho's USA-1 nitro hits the shelves you're going to see a major spike. Still wondering where those are....c'mon Kyosho, let's go!

Nitro has never been inconvenient or hard for me. They are such simple little engines, diagnosing troubles is usually pretty easy. Tuning isn't much of an issue if your using good carbs(i.e. anything other than Traxxas, lol). Best advice I ever got was to write down the factory needle settings of each engine I own.

It's rare that I show up at the park and my trucks don't start. Very rare. Usually they start instantly, and I warm them up and start ripping around. I sometimes have to tweak the HSN on occasion, but that part is the fun of it. Then I get to run all day long without recharging. Can't tell you how many people running electrics have seen me this year and said they want to get nitros.

The instant torque thing is way overstated. It's literally no advantage on dirt. If you're spinning, you ain't winning. What's more important is traction and handling(and driver skill!). I've raced my small block TMaxx against plenty of brushless vehicles and it fares well. I turned in the fastest lap times by far at a recent event this Summer with my aluminum race TMaxx using a Dynamite .19 engine. At another event I was running my solid axle nitros, where off the line quickness was more important, and I was getting off the blocks as quick as anyone(crashing was my downfall, lol). And I'm literally just using a tiny bit, maybe quarter throttle on launch - otherwise the truck either cyclones or flips over backwards. Both of those Dragonoid trucks make more power than can be used - if I try to run them on pavement, the driveshafts and swingshafts, both upgraded cvd steel units, get demolished.
Right? I even saw a post the other day where a guy converted a Kraton EXB to nitro.
Nitro is cool regardless and it certainly turns more heads when running them.
16507864_1944331562486033_5134823096875305901_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back