thinking of starting in to rock crawling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it would make a big difference, do you want to do comps with it in the future or just have a little backyard crawling fun?

I think for that the conversion would work just fine, either that or a Axial AX10 RTC.

Probably a dumb question but Do you already have the rig? If not and your thinking of getting it and converting it, then no, thats a waste of money.....but if you already have the WK then ya go for it unless you can afford a new one, like the axial or losi....or venom wich is killer cheap right now.

ok thinking of the cheapest way to get into it to see if i like it

You might want to look at the Losi Mini Rock Crawler. They're relatively inexpensive and are ready to go out of the box. Another alternative is to find a used one for sale. I know of one for sale here in the For Sale and Trade section.

If you want to buy one out right, Id suggest going with a 2.2 crawler first, just my opinion though. You can get a Venom creeper kit (minus electronics) for just over $100!!!!! Thats a great price to get into crawling and the Venom is a good rig.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ven-8300g.htm

ok thinking of the cheapest way to get into it to see if i like it

I started off withe axial.($329 walk out.) Then bought another axial.($695) Now i am building a Berg...($600-$1200) Ouch......
That does not count the price of a good 2.4 radio and receiver.

Just have fun first.. Learn how to drive it... And read alot of the forums. So that you can see what other guys are doing to make it drive better.....