Thinking about ordering my first boat. A Vector SR80 pro. Will the non reversing ESC cause issues?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yang

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I saw a review of this boat where the reviewer said "This is a pro boat so no reverse". (I'm not exactly sure what is "pro" about a missing feature!)

Anyway. I intend to order the PNP version since I already have a good surface controller, a Flysky GT-5. And I use FSBS6 receivers.

Is the 0 ---- > 1500 ---> 2000 layout of this controllers throttle going to cause me issues?

Iff you have little real boat or tow-rc-boat then you will be fine

if you dont have anything, then you should by one boat with reverse also.

It will be stress feeling drive a bout without reverse if you dont have
resque boats, little real one or tow-boat

google this Corrosion-X Heavy Duty spray
buy this, spray the servo inside, also the receiver, then they are waterproof
100%
watch video please so you understund

must do in boats to be 100% secure
receivers and servos are splash proof , not submarined, this spray you can have under water also.
Never any corrosions, rust, or other issurs, 100% waterprof they will be only if you spray this
servo open it up, spray, also receiver , spray where you install servo and esc cables and in binding hole also

If you need help with boats that have reverse also, just say, i can help you link other models
Good luck

Thanks the boat arrived and I've tested it on 4s https://streamable.com/wq9yat

It does not have reverse. But I do have a small brushed DIY rc boat that I built to use as a rescue boat.

cool place.

Buy strong magnets smal ones, have one in front and one at rear in boat,
and one in the arm in resque boat
Google RARE EARTH MAGNETS
people use these to RC Crawler and RC Drifting bodies, also boats/resque boat

I love the sound of RC Boats. The speed also. These are so fun.

Remember marine grease the flex propeller shaft every 3-4 lipo pack to avoid damage and lost propellershafts
I grease my 6s boat every third run, my 8s every 2 runs. 4s you can run 3-4 times before you need regrease.

Back