Thinking about getting a new Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Subby STi Wagon. Done.

Exactly. I have an '06 impreza wrx (modded of course) but I love it. The newer ones are only better. Surprisingly, I was looking at a bunch of other cars, but the impreza was the one that fit me. I'm 6'5, by the way. Good luck in your search!

... the steering is too light...

When you say "light" do you mean it has too much power steering?

Before Kim bought the S60 we test drove a Maxima because she liked them. I HATED it. Waaay too much power steering for my taste. The feel of the Volvo was great. I kinda miss that car.

Infinity G35 coupe
VW GLI

I love the G35 coupe and VW has started to grow on me ever since we got the Eurovan for the wife.

When you say "light" do you mean it has too much power steering?

Before Kim bought the S60 we test drove a Maxima because she liked them. I HATED it. Waaay too much power steering for my taste. The feel of the Volvo was great. I kinda miss that car.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Too much boost and not enough "feel", which is fine at 5mph but it makes the car feel twitchy at higher speeds.

At some point I'll be looking at the Imprezas as well, pockets aren't fat enough for an STI but the WRX looks promising.

the wrx's are quick, real quick and get pretty good mileage. nothing very "luxury" about them at all though, dont know if thats something you like or not. id personally look towards a lexus is300 wich is older or a newer is350, pretty quick, lots of room, not bad mileage and the reliability of a better built toyota, win win.

My friend has a diesel VW Jetta that gets Great MPG. I love diesels. Dont know too much about them, but i know even in my big truck, I get 18-19mpg city, and like 22-24 interstate.

Volvos are extremely comfortable and still have kinda a racy feel to them. The suspension is smooth yet firm when need-be.

I would love to get a Volvo or Saab they are nice as well.

thats a nice ride for sure dom! looks real clean from the pics.

i think it would only be right if you had a brushless smart car

Have you driven the SAAB's? I had one as a rental once, and was quite impressed.

i think it would only be right if you had a brushless smart car

1300cc smart car

Monster Smart Car (Only one i'd drive)

Last edited by a moderator:
chargers r becoming the most common car on the streets down here just wanted to throw that in there too.

The 2010 Camaro's are sweet, affordable and very powerful. The base model 6 cyl. has 300+ hp and gets 29 mpg on the highway.
They are getting great reviews too. I signed up with Chevy to get the latest news and info on the Camaro. Once I pay off the two cars I have I'll be very tempted to go buy one!

if i m throwing in my experience with dodge and their so called cars then u ll see what dodge makes cars for. this is not just my car i ve got more then enough ppl that i got to know over the last 1 yr that I'm in the us for that will never buy a dodge as well :)

here we go,
once upon a time a soldier stationed in germany decides to buy a dodge vehicle after a 2 hr talk with the aafes exchange car dealer we have concluded that we would like to purchase a dodge caliber in sunburst orange. sure thing the first orange caliber available was 2 month to wait, not a problem and understandable since the caliber had just come out that year. so after the whole financing and stuff is cleared we decided to go pick the car up in Bremerhafen Germany ourself's. sure enough there was only certain times you were able to pick the dang car up because they'd close the finish up station @ 3 pm. so after driving about 4 hrs we got there with a little ford rental, and boy was that a nice view:)
Photo_0001.gif

Photo_0002.gif

alright 1 hr of stupid paperwork of corse for customs arrangements and such, we were allowed to leave the harbor station, sure enough we didnt get our full tank we paid for @ the exchange agreement, but that didn't matter anyways due to us having gas coupons for the esso stations on the way home :), so of to the first gas station, filled up the tank and hit the road, apporx 1 hr into the drive like 80 miles away from the lot where we picked the piece of junk up, we saw this happen with the engine light ::BLINK BLINK BLINK:: wooow a 18 thousand dollar car that didnt even get prepped the right way :( well sure enough called the dodge service around the corner since i knew the owner, they told me that it most likely was a air / oxygen sensor but i shouldnt worry to much since the cars engine didnt overheat and ran fine. so we arrived back home like 4 hrs later, parked the car right in front of the stupid dealership since the on base service was really nothing to get a brand new car into. ok 2 days later we get the car back, same stupid light comes on 2 hrs after we got it, second time it was put in service in the first 5 days :( sure enough they needed 2 weeks to get a new complete air intake system, and exchanged it, since it was free of charge and of corse we got a rental provided by my dealer, it wasn't too big of a deal. but should not be anything you imagine if you purchase a new vehicle.

the quality of the caliber is below any standards, brake system is a fail (dont know if they finally overworked it) and i ve replaced the standard crap with sport gear to receive at least a bit better performance. the bodywork on the trunk lid / hinges is just a mess, i ll be glad to take some pics :)

but long story short, i m for my part sure not to purchase an american vehicle again, next brand will be as before audi or vw :) that is where the customer at least gets what he pays for.

hope that wasn't to big of a romance :)

Dodge just sucks. Period.

that driving right there, could ve been done with any other modified vehicle, nothing about the wrx but all about the driver :)

just my 2 cents

Absolutely, and I wouldn't have the money or skills (and balls) needed to drive
like that. Just thought they were cool videos. :D

Back