Thinking about getting a new Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i eagerly await your review of the speed6

How about a nice New Yorker?? Custom restored.. well, ok its a 93.. but it looks like grandma owns it!! even with 3 boys!!!
lol
*EDIT*
Don't get a BMW.. unless you have money coming out from every orifice on your body.. and you like starbucks coffee..... They are retarded for repairs! plus starbucks coffee taste like it contains turpentine...

get the challenger! :D

dodge-challenger-450.jpg

I saw a black Challenger around here a few weeks ago.... HOT! If that car don't get a loser some p____, nothin' will.

mod me if ya need to, but that's the damn truth.

I saw a black Challenger around here a few weeks ago.... HOT! If that car don't get a loser some p____, nothin' will.

mod me if ya need to, but that's the damn truth.

I agree 100%

DUDE.. If your going to buy a charger, don't get a 6 cyl automatic!!! Its like buying a mustang the same way... Horrible! what a waste of time/money/effort!..lol
That car is definitly badda$$ looking though.. I'd feel intimidated if that rolled up to my side. Well, the omni would def pull like a bat out of hell from that specific one.. V6.. not worth the dump valve opening...

DUDE.. If your going to buy a charger, don't get a 6 cyl automatic!!! Its like buying a mustang the same way... Horrible!

Agreed. However, he's lookin at it as a kid-kart and his commute is rediculously long so fuel economy is important and even a couple MPG will add up month to month.

Is the "Hemi" even available with a stick? Dodge is notorious these days for using big engines and slapping pansy auto's in them. They did the same thing with the old Dakota R/T back an the late 90's early '00's. 5.9L V-8 with an automatic ONLY. That was retarded.

the charger has an option for a 6spd.. as for anything else, haven't heard anything of the nature...

Being a Magnum R/T owner, I love it. The only issue in 2 years I've had is with a front end noise. Took it in and they replaced the entire rack and pinion! Problem solved! It's been a great car! 30+ mpg on the highway! And it'll still sit at a light and smoke the tires! It's no slouch! Heavy, yes but it's got a decent amount of torque to get the fat@ss moving! Just ask the last 350z I ripped!:)

It rides super comfortable. Handles decent for a heavy car. And holds a lot of beer, I mean photo equipment, RC junk, and things of the like!

The new Hemi is very similar in design to the Chevy LS motors. The heads are the major difference. It's by no means a junk motor. There's a lot of potential in it and can handle gobs of on stock bottom end.

more info:
lxforums.com

You said you were looking at the legacy, my mom drives a legacy, not the gt though. The 2.5i has some balls for a four cylinder. All around its a really nice car.

I decided to axe the idea of purchasing a Charger and have started looking at other options. I test drove a few cars last week....

2006 Mazda6 2.3 L base model with auto tranny. I read great reviews about how well it handled. IMHO, the steering is too light, there is too much body sway in the corners, and the engine has no guts.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 2.3L turbo charged with 6 speed manual. Engine is very strong, but shifter throw very long for a sporty car. Same steering feel as the Mazda6 but it did feel planted in the corners.

2006 Mini Cooper S. My co-worker just bought one so I took it for a spin. Peppy acceleration, especially after 4K rpm. Corners very well. On a short track the Mini would give the Mazdaspeed6 a run for it's money.

Next cars I'm going to test drive will be a Volvo V70, hopefully a T5 or R model and the Subaru Legacy non-GT.

I have driven the mazdaspeed 6, it was a very nice ride.

Oh I'm sure. I've never been a standard man myself, but then again, I've never been a "car" person. Guess its the whole "redneck" side of me.

Back