The sounds of plastic and metal parts hitting rocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

FJC_GUY

RCNT Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have this obsession right now with tinkering with the TRX4. It seems like I'm changing something every time I run it.

That said I went out and beat on it for 2 hours today. I've got to say I'm really liking the way this little piggy moves. I need to sort out the spring situation, it seems like I cannot get my preload right. It's either too much or not enough.

Looking at a set of full-sized shocks at work yesterday I think I'm going to build a collar so I can cut down one of the other coil sets I have and have a customizable progressive spring rate setup. I'm working on the collar in Fusion right now so we'll see how it goes.

Couple of videos from today's testing. Still running the 3D-printed wheels and the Hobbypark Chyrax tires. Honestly for running on rocks that are smooth and just above freezing temp-wise, and the water was up last week so the dirt is all damp, they do pretty good for a set of $20 tires and foams. You can see in the videos that I twist on those things and between them and the 3D printed wheels I haven't lost a bead yet.

First video is my favorite rock from 3 different angles. I love finding a line that challenges me then running it until I can nail it 90+ percent of the time.

Second one is just clips of different lines I play on, some I execute, some I fail. I like to include both.