The quest for stickies.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulC

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How about it? A little forum project to create stickies. Covering the basic topics that get asked again and again and will get asked again and again.

It's won't start.
How do I tune?
Can I drive it in snow, rain, under water?

You know the stuff.

One approach is to hunt through threads and nominate threads for stickiness, or you can start now and nominate threads to be made sticky after a good productive discussion on a often visited topic.

Alternately we can vote/decide on some topics and ask for volunteers to write the inital post. People comment, correct, phrase, take the piss, and the original post is edited until there is a concencous. Nominate an owner of each thread, the forum expert in a field is the best choice. They are responsible for maintaining the top post (or posts).

Or... we could all just go out and play with our cars/buggys/truggies and trucks.... oh wait... it's raining. :(

Paul

Last edited:
some of that is already done paul, within the various forums to which the topic is relevant.

I ageree on the "rig" specific threads though, but that would take a LOT of space.

I for one know the t/tiger eb4 buggy better than i should to the point i wrote a "manual" type document on it.

Stuff like that would be very useful, but then there is the prtoblem of space again and who would maintain it....................

Theres more than enough stickies already in my opinion. Stickies are put up to give as much usable info in one place as possible without being cluttered with posts, but even with stickies that have a lot of answers in them, people are still gonna post without reading them. Thats why only select stickies are made. The stickies available now are extremely informative and should aid to newbs very nicely if they would just read them.

well said that man ! even though i said what i did, on balance, you are, as usual, right again Slowngreen.

Theres more than enough stickies already in my opinion. Stickies are put up to give as much usable info in one place as possible without being cluttered with posts, but even with stickies that have a lot of answers in them, people are still gonna post without reading them. Thats why only select stickies are made. The stickies available now are extremely informative and should aid to newbs very nicely if they would just read them.

Bravo!!! :clap:

Even with stickies, and the search feature, you will always have the ones that are too lazy to look for the info, and will still post a question that could be answered many times over just by searching, or reading the already available stickies. An overabundance of stickies meses up the front page of each forum if you ask me.

NC, the oonly option to avboid that, would be a "stickies" forum but even then, would it ever be read much ?? lol.

I think this idea needs putting to bed before it causes bedlam..........................or maybe i am wrong.

Back