The OS .15 CVX Hyper...... Oh Yeah!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy the "HYPER" version, besides the different head, it comes with a 10c slide carb. Thats the extra $$....

Yes I was looking for a link to what ImBroken purchased. I have been doing some research for a new engine.

Actaully they have a diffrent crank also ...X

X, where did you see that? I rebuilt my CVX Hyper after about 1 1/2 gallons, and it never ran good again. I'm wondering if I got the wrong parts...HMMM

Interesting.... After thinking about it though, I only replaced the Piston/sleeve, con rod, and pin. Oh well, I guess I just killed it...lol:(

Yeah I do TJ, pm me your address and I will send it to you.

X is the link man, I was looking for some 2.6mm screws everywhere and X just happened to post a link to ones he found on Towers site, I think he knows their site better than they do.

X is definately on the ball...lol
Lets see.... I need those little extended ball screws that the shocks mount to on a Nitro Rustler.. Any ideas?

I am guess this is what you are talking about a little screw that goes into the bottom of the shock snaps on to ? These screws will thread into an a-arm and the shock end on the shaft snaps over it http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJK25&P=7 X

4363.jpg

I guess I stumped ya on that one...lol I just spent the last 15 minutes looking at the exploded parts view from Traxxas & got all the part #'s...

4- 3642
4- 2742
2- 2563
2- 3187
2- 2539

All this to attach the damn shocks to the towers & arms...Go figure...

Well I offred up the only ball screws that TRX makes and that is actually what holds the bottom of the rear shocks on, on the E-Rusty. So I thought you just said Nitro on accident. Had you told me what you need correctly :p I would have provided the goods in record time ;). X

Understandable, my description was lacking key info... Nitro was definately in my description though....lol Thanks for your time dude...

X 789,
I have that same head. Got the same deal too. But mine does seem to run a bit hot IMO. I am getting about 260 just buzzing around, and 300+ WOT for 2-3 runs. I think its a bit hot so I tried going back to the original square head. It seemed about the same temps. I think it runs a little more powerful on the O'Donnel head though. I'm running:
OS .15 CVX
Duratrax big header
AE pipe
18 tooth CB (I also tried 16)
Wildcat Eliminator 20% Nitro with 18% oil.
Any suggestions to lower temps? I've tried running it extra rich and all that does is spits a ton of oil out the pipe. Running lean makes the little sucker screem but it gets too hot too fast. Maybe a better fuel huh?

I havent found any 2 O.S. engines to run at the same temp. And if you call O.S. they will tell you the same. They tell you directly to tune to performance, not to temp. Of coarse when you hear the fuel POPPING in the cylinder because of 500 degree temps you know you are a little too hot lol....

Odd I tell ya'

Originally posted by Bash_N_Thrash
X 789,
I have that same head. Got the same deal too. But mine does seem to run a bit hot IMO. I am getting about 260 just buzzing around, and 300+ WOT for 2-3 runs. I think its a bit hot so I tried going back to the original square head. It seemed about the same temps. I think it runs a little more powerful on the O'Donnel head though. I'm running:
OS .15 CVX
Duratrax big header
AE pipe
18 tooth CB (I also tried 16)
Wildcat Eliminator 20% Nitro with 18% oil.
Any suggestions to lower temps? I've tried running it extra rich and all that does is spits a ton of oil out the pipe. Running lean makes the little sucker screem but it gets too hot too fast. Maybe a better fuel huh?

Man that is pretty darn hot. But spitting out fuel and not cooling that makes me really wonder whats up with that.

What type of Temp gauge or gun are you using?

Have you checked the temps with someone elses gun? What are the ambient temps where you run?

What is the engine in what type of vehicle I mean? Is the lid ventilated. Fill me in on this other stuff so I have a better idea of what we are dealing with.

Also changing fuel is not likely to help. From my research Wildcat is the supperior fuel made for R/C vehicles them and Fantom Fuels are supposed to be the poop from my research so as long as you have fresh fuel have no worries about that...

Lastly the thing about you said about it running more powerful with the oddonel is because you are actually getting more cooling so if you are running at the same temp with a bigger head you are by comparison running it leaner. Does that make sense? X

I'm telling you - 300 is NOT that hot for an O.S.. Seriously. I see some that run at 250 and then the exact same mill run at 315. Both within normal temps according to O.S..

I'm not lying! Call them or write them. They will tell you the same.

My os would run pretty hot. In order to get the performance out of it I wanted and expected it was running about 310, until I bought the Hardcore Mutant head. Now 220 -230 tops. IMO the Mutant head is well worth the money, looks damn good too!

And YES Eddy I have a nice trail of smoke from the exhaust.

so according to you guys, even though this engine doesn't have the HP or RPM's of the cv-r, its still better? I'm looking for a new engine and I'm kinda torn between this, the cvr and a picco .15, this may be the wrong place but could you guys help me out?