The OS .15 CVX Hyper...... Oh Yeah!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just ordered another from Tower. They just got in a limited supply. I think they stopped making this version, & replaced it with the CVRX. I'm sorry, but the CVX has more balls than the CVRX. Here's an old vid of my CVX Hyper w/NJBTH/AE pipe & stock gearing... You be the judge.
Kinda cheesy quality, it was done with a Digicam... QUICKTIME MOV.

CVX Hyper

Have you owned a CV-R? The reason I'm asking is because I have a hyper now and should be getting my new CV-R tomorrow from Tower. I was a local track this last Sat. and was talking to a veteran racer out there with a Losi XXX-NT and he has a CV-R in his truck and a Hyper in his pit box and he says he preffers the CV-R. I am planning on rebuilding/breaking in my hyper and keeping it as a backup also. Anyway just figured I would ask and just for the record, my wore out hyper was keeping up with 1/8 scales this last weekend whenever I could find traction and was on a straight, I too love my hyper .12.

A friend of mine ran a CVRX in his Maxx and I wasn't impressed. Dont get me wrong, it's great mill. I just felt that the old skool CVX has more umph.... In a race, the CVRX might take the win at higher RPM's. My friend was also runnin high oil content Heli-fuel at the time, so maybe I have some more observing to do...
Looking through these old vids is gettin me psyched for the upcoming bash season...lol NEED TO BASH SOON......:mad:

I have the .15 cvx in my T and it is awesome! I also have the duratrax big tube on it with ae pipe, racers edge 18 tooth clutch bell with sealed bearings, mip clutch, khb easy start adapter, hardcore mutant head, rrp vented flywheel, and mounted on a competition products finned billet aluminum engine mount. :naughty: I was thinking of getting a cvrx when this one was toast, but I have also heard the cvx has more bottom end grunt than the cvrx. Anyone else have em both that could give some feedback?

Is the .15 CVX a straight drop in for the T-Maxx or is there some modification that needs to be done?

Yeah there used to be a short crank cv-x for AE GT's but they discontinued it. If you are gonna run a cv-x I highly suiggest a head upgrade. X

Like X pointed out a new head is a great improvement to the cvx. Mine ran on the high end of the acceptable temps until I put the Hardcore head on it, thats when I found out how nice this motor really is, and how much power it had.

This is the best deal around for a cv engine is the O'Donnell Racing Heads
for O.S. .12 & .15 Engine.
Lighter, Cooler and Faster.
Available in Blue, Purple,
and Black.
Sale $15.95 each
http://nitrohouse.com/blowout_specials.htm

Those are about a 1/3 of orginal price Backspur runs those on his CV engines and that are a nice head...X

Man thats a great deal, I piad $45 for my Hardcore head. X what was the temp difference with the odonnel head? The Hardcore dropped my running temps by about 60+ degrees over that stock pos head.

Could you provide a link to the engine? I think I found it on Towers site but it says discontinued with no option to add to cart. Perhaps they already sold what they had in stock

MC there is only cv-rx that will drop strait in you will have to cut the shaft on cv-x . Please clarify what you are looking for..X

X, I think he was looking for a link to the CVX Hyper that started off this thread that ImBroken just ordered from Tower.

X, I know he said it was discontinued and Tower only had a few, but I don't know if the one he ordered had a rotary or slide carb.

True after I made that post I noticed he said he ordered the cv-X meaning pullstart so I guess we will have to get imbroken to give us the link...X

Because if tower dosen't stock it no one does unless its one they have on the shelf cause tower is the OS distributor for US...X

Hey guys... X had it right with his link. Like I said, the motor isn't made anymore because of the new CVRX model. Every now & then, Tower gets a few in, (old stock) and puts em up for sale. I paid a pretty penny, considering I bought my first Hyper from them for $159.... Just goes to show that the engine was a big seller, or I'm just a sucker...lol

The Hyper head on the CVX works great... my temps were around 190 most of the time.

I just got my engine back from O.S. not long ago. CV-X Hyper .15. Was hitting temps of 460 + !!!! Blew out the piston and sleeve. They replaced it free.

GREAT MILL though! Took many of gallons and a lot of lean running to kick it!