The Motorspots Fans thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Figured we could use one thread for our motor sports postings, NASCAR stuff, MX/SX, pics, hopes, personal rigs and so on. Not for discussing people who need to wear pants!

This is for FANS of motorsports, if your not, STAY OUT! Those of us who hate football stay out of the football threads so show the same respect.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

With SX coming Jan 5 at A1 (can't wait!) I thought Id kick it off by sharing Musquin killing a 150sx (ktm testing). I like to see a pro step down to a 2 smoke for fun now and then. Without the mass amount of power the 4 strokes produce then have to keep them pinned the entire time, so rad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video Lloyd, man how I miss that sound. If I bought a new bike tomorrow, it would most likely be a KTM 200EXC. Feather light, plenty of power, and much cheaper to maintain than the modern four stroke. I've been a huge critic of the shift to the four stroke due to the costs associated with running one for a season, or heaven forbid you have a catastrophic failure; BIG MONEY! I truly feel it has prevented a lot of talent from ever coming to light because they simply don't have thousands of dollars per year for racing.

Also, major props to that track builder. That is a perfect average joe racer track, all the big stuff is either a tabletop, or the second face is rounded off big time. So you can learn to hit the big stuff without the fear that if you come up short, you're getting destroyed.

I enjoyed this one a lot

That guy does HUGE step downs, its insane from 1st person view.

I've never like 2 strokes personally, grew up riding them, kx80-250-500 and the 500 was the only one that ever satisfied me powerwise. An AF500 would be a cool build/bike now days though but I'm still gonna stick with the 4 stroke 450+.

Yeah those FPV step downs were sick! I love the power of the modern race 4T, just not the cost of ownership, hence my bike choice being way less power but night and day longevity.

And of course, we gotta have some supermoto!

Pleven Bulgaria, paved MX track pretty much

And this guy has incredible bike control skills

Supermoto is just rad. I dont follow it but watch a race from time to time.

And gotta love Graham Jarvis. Watched him not once but twice finish first in erzberg but having missed a check point both times lol, horrible luck.

Anyone who even finishes Erzberg has my respect, even Pastrana who was famous for torturing himself claimed it was brutal, and said he thought about quitting part way through. I love supermoto because you have to excel at many disciplines, and not just one.

I can vividly remember watching the birth of supermoto with Dad as a kid, known as the superbikers back then.

Personally, I'm more of a road race fan.

Anyone who even finishes Erzberg has my respect, even Pastrana who was famous for torturing himself claimed it was brutal, and said he thought about quitting part way through. I love supermoto because you have to excel at many disciplines, and not just one.

I can vividly remember watching the birth of supermoto with Dad as a kid, known as the superbikers back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1LLP6QKCWA

Holly cow, I remember seeing that on an old video tape my uncle had recorded! Good stuff man.

Yeah, pastrana at erzberg was awesome, going back and helping the KING was just a showing to how bad ass of a kid he really is.

4 days till Anaheim 1!!!!

can't friggen wait!

In other stuff to look forward too, Redbull will be doing the same series they did last year with erzberg being one but they will ALSO be airing Romanians!!!! The sickest enduro race their is.

Two days or so after each event it will be in its entirety on youtube in 1080p, no commercials, all heats and main events. Thats the only way to watch :D

Sometimes motorsports isnt about getting somewhere the fastest, Its about just having the ability to make it there.

null_zps9c3b291e.jpg

null_zpsabfdb110.jpg

null_zpseaf26dd5.jpg

Here's how we block a pass

null_zpsca4d1959.jpg

My Ultimate goal is a totally dedicated buggy such as Tim Camerons Game Changer

Been a while since I've been able to take her out to stretch her legs. I got a new set of coils coming in as well as a set of Adams drive shafts and extended brake lines. Hope to have that within the next few weeks. Still got new skids and a stinger left to get and put on before its where I'm comfortable hitting things harder than i have so far.

Nothing really around here for bikes. Either mud or rocks. Neither is too much fun on two wheels. I've tried. lol

As cool as buggies are and of course every thing Tim Cameron does, Id rather crawl than just be wide open up a rock face the entire time. Sure its cool and prolly way more fun than I will ever know but alot of the time they just kinda get stuck on not much and just spin at red line, when someone in a crawler slowing along could have just driven right up. Thats just me though. And yes theres always a time where the buggy with all that power and suspenion will outdo a crawler without any trouble.

Oh for sure. I've ridden in a few rock hoppers like he does, but I've also ridden/driven the same style buggy's in a crawling aspect. Id do the latter. I've already got a bad back, and rock hopping was NOT fun for me. Ill stick with slow. Still want a specialty built buggy though.

Back