The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was thinking that this forum needs a thread where all of the outdoorsy people can hangout and share their pictures and stories and whatnot. From cycling to camping to cross country skiing, it's all welcome.

For instance, today I managed the bike corral at the 'Bravado Challenge'. An adventure triathlon that features running, biking, and paddling in that order. Here are some pics.
9e7u5ysu.jpg

9aqu8e5a.jpg

zy4a8eqy.jpg

avy6ytup.jpg

Very cool Nick. It's been raining and chilly here all day long so I haven't rode the new bike yet. The folks that own the bike shop are at the 12hr MTB race at Tsali as they sponsor a team every year. I feel for the riders, it was raining and about 40 degrees at race kick off this morning. I have a locking fork mount for my truck bed I need to install, just can't get motivated to leave the couch today for some reason. :D

Haha, awesome, find some way to install that baby! I'm sure you'll love the 1.5, such as great bike!

Yeah, I think I'll be very happy with it. I didn't get the truck mount installed. But, I did install the Cromag saddle that didn't work for MTB'ing on the road bike, going to try it there. Also put my seat bag and tail light on. I don't plan on riding at night, but the weather here can go from 90 and clear to 60 and foggy after a thunderstorm, so I figure it's good to have. I also got my wall hooks mounted, as the bikes live inside rather than outside on the carport. Way to easy to pick up and throw in a truck and steal them.

P1140967Medium_zps8ae7531b.jpg

For normal people, this would be the dining room :D

P1140980Medium_zpsbe2429de.jpg

Did you compete Nick?

Dining room is better now Randy, just needs a supermoto in the center.

hay just what anti gravity machine do you use on the bicycles? LOL LOL

For normal people, this would be the dining room :D

P1140980Medium_zpsbe2429de.jpg

Haha, my mom HATES when my dad and I leave our bikes in the living room, but with puppy dog eyes and the "I don't want to damage my bike my leaving it in the garage where is cold, humid, and could get bumped" argument, she has no choice :D

Nice job with the saddle!
You should really try a night ride sometime, get yourself a good headlight(>200 lumens) and try it. You feel so much faster and it's nice and calming have no traffic on the trails or street!

sng, Nope, I'm really thinking about it next year. Today I was just there to help corral the bikes at the bike-paddle transition. The only thing that would kill me would be the running portion, screw that!!!

Lloyd - LOL the SM would be a bear to get in the house as there are steps at all the doors, and narrow old doors.

moe7404 - the levitation hooks cost extra, but worth it IMHO :D

Nick - I may try a night ride at some point. Around here it's not the traffic you gotta worry about after dark, it's the wild life as they prefer those hours to move around also. It's a big reason I don't ride the motorcycle after dark also, I know 3 people that have had pretty bad crashes by rounding a corner in the dark and plowing into a bear or wild hog. The humidity thing is another big reason the bicycles are inside. The bearings on the motos are a lot more robust and made to deal with it, the bicycles not so much.

Great topic for a thread, I love the outdoors!

We enjoyed a little time at a near by state park last week

camp2_zps8ae07685.jpg

Our morning guest

deer_zpsade05fea.jpg

An older shot from before she grew up.

CA697D2A-7176-4068-A8A0-BE1900501C4B-6641-0000032C29815224.jpg

And one of a small group of my club.

5D7FD83F-566B-4393-8879-6C88F1B6987E-1061-000000CA24B03736.jpg

That's awesome guys!! Glad to see we have so many outdoorsmen here

So where did you mount the ESC and RX on the Jeep, Alpine?

That would be me in the RV taking pictures of the guys outside with the bikes and the Jeeps.
Location.jpg

Hey! Could someone come in here and lower the A/C another 2 degrees for me?

Group ride day today and I made it a bit farther today, and had a freaking blast as usual. I love my new road bike, and I'm really happy I forked out the extra cash for the Tiagra component group. The 10 speed is much better for me around here vs the 9 as I'm not in between gears as much and can find a happy cadence much easier.

EllijayRide_zpsbd31e8e9.png

Being able to do this after smoking for so long is huge to me, so I couldn't resist a poser pic :D

photo2_zps2eae27d3.jpg

Hey! Could someone come in here and lower the A/C another 2 degrees for me?

Trying to keep your boys outa the toilet bowl water with shrinkage? Must suck to get old. :)

Wow Randy, what's the deal with the spandex? :p

Back