The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using live bait here in hopes of attracting ticks?

deer_zpsade05fea.jpg

Went back for a couple of night this week, we are really enjoying camping!
goodgood_zps3d104666.jpg

We had visitors at night this time!

He was checking out the situation
coon1_zps4b4fa08c.jpg

He wanted a closer look
coon_zps79bda54e.jpg

Now I wanted a closer look
coon2_zpsb9f66ac6.jpg

A real close look!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooked a pot of beans last weekend over the firepit.

nYcVBTX.jpg

Today I'll be grilling chicken and veggies and later tonight down at the firepit making smores! :)

I almost bailed on the weekly group ride because I was so tired, but got peer pressured into it. My performance shows I was tired too, legs felt like lead bricks for the first 8 miles.

Capture_zpseb7b4d02.jpg

Oh yea, the short lil brunette with glasses? She is fun to have around the house. She is always wearing yoga pants, and has gotten the wife into wearing them as well. lol.

You know I've always told ya that I got an empty bedroom for you. Just say the word. She's single too..... likes nerdy guys...... the type of guy who owns websites dedicated to things like computers and rc cars.

I wont tell your wife. :D

I'd be lying if I said that was tempting, you know since you won't tell the wife. :)

No pictures but I did get a new light for the Talon for night riding. Cree XM-L T6 headlight. I doubt it's really 3,800LM but this thing is stupid bright.

From my solo ride Sunday. Riding alone is a lot more work, but the solitude is kind of nice, and it gives you time to stop and see things you blow right by on a motorcycle or in a vehicle.

IMG_1734_zps989415a1.jpg

IMG_1759_zps9743e73e.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsb7beb37f.jpg

IMG_1752_zps6fbcf15a.jpg

From my solo ride Sunday. Riding alone is a lot more work, but the solitude is kind of nice, and it gives you time to stop and see things you blow right by on a motorcycle or in a vehicle.

IMG_1734_zps989415a1.jpg

IMG_1759_zps9743e73e.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsb7beb37f.jpg

IMG_1752_zps6fbcf15a.jpg

wow man those bottom two pics are kinda touching, getting all soft on ya

IMG_1734_zps989415a1.jpg

Never miss those. Even in a vehicle. They are a bitch to get off though, and gotta use about half of your windshield washer fluid to be able to see again. :D

wow man those bottom two pics are kinda touching, getting all soft on ya

Ha ha, I've been by there 100's of times on a motorcycle; and now quite a few on a bicycle and never even knew the plaque was there.

Never miss those. Even in a vehicle. They are a bitch to get off though, and gotta use about half of your windshield washer fluid to be able to see again. :D

Yep, not to mention, you guys have about 4,000 times the amount of them we do since you don't have a real winter to kill any off. I've hit a few on the motorcycle, almost gives me a heart attack every time, it sounds like the face shield is going to implode, and then you're blind from the 2 gallons of bug juice that's on it when they burst. :hehe:

Real winter? It got down to almost 50 degrees!!! Lol.

9FCC1E38-AEF5-4870-A1D3-677798944D97_zps7bxg4gcr.jpg

finally got some free time after the Father's Day rush. :D still waiting to build my front wheel(current one is just a loaner that my boss gave me).

put on my rack and fenders, hooked up the rear brake, and installed my saddle. eventually getting a brooks

4u8ymeqe.jpg

2u7e5a6u.jpg

Nice commuter bike! I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Brooks Nick.

Did a new loop this morning on the road bike, my favorite yet. Also picked up a Garmin forerunner 310xt, and it's fantastic.

Burningtown_zpsfa453eaf.jpg

Also I did this loop on the MTB yesterday with my friends, but forgot to start the new Garmin. :D

JackRabbit_zps6621f9e8.jpg

JR2_zps6c00ae43.jpg

Last edited:
^Urban Assault Bike* :D nice couple rides man!

Did my first Wednesday group ride this evening with the fast group. I expected to get dropped eventually, so no big surprises there, but damn these people climb like mountain goats. :D I got the bike the fastest I've ever had it, backed it in for the first time, and I suffered, I suffered a LOT. But, I was told over dinner that I did really good, and was invited back next week.

Tessentee1_zps5c348630.jpg

Back