The Fuzz Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay ladies and gents, I have been tossing around in my mind for a very long time but never put anything into motion. After I dropped off the CNC Milling education I dug up the interest in becoming a certified LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). I have wanted to be a cop since I was a young boy, but it always scared me for a few differant reasons.

1-Seeing and dealing with dead bodies (Yet I am fine looking at them on the net..)
2-It seems that an LEO has SO SO many duties that I am afraid that I wont retain everything they do therefore failing as a cop..
3-Being smart enough for the mathmatics and report writing which I know is going to be ALOT! (I think)
4-Being in a bad situation like a fight or being killed or seriously injured on duty.
5-My ears having large holes in them (closing them up now) and after that wont be accepted through any agency for the ugly holes that will still be visible though much much smaller.
6-Being fit and healthy enough to handle the physical training in the academy. (Not sure how fit I need to be)
7-I am a soft, tender hearted person who is unsure if I can take a mental beating from the drill instructer.
8- And MOSTLY, being able to find an agency within the allowed time before I have to redo the academy.

I dont want to do all of this, pass everything, then sit on a list that god knows is how long... I was very discouraged to find out that in my area, agencies dont do sponsering anymore due to the economy.

I wuld like input from every nook and cranny on this subject because I really really want to be LEO to serve and protect people and the neighborhoods my children are going to be growing up in.

I will not take sarcasm lightly here for I am already discouraged enough from the no sponsering thing. I dont need your BS lip. Lets keep the topic real.

Thanks guys.

Talk with your local LEO offices and see what their take is and if they are willing to hire you after your academy. Another route is to possibly look into being a corrections officer. Good luck on following your dream.

Talk with your local LEO offices and see what their take is and if they are willing to hire you after your academy. Another route is to possibly look into being a corrections officer. Good luck on following your dream.

Odd you should mention that for through the Academy at my local U they train you for both LEO & Corrections all in one package. I am certain I will be alright, just wish I didnt stetch my ears out so much now...

All the stretching just so I could be unique, just to ALMOST regret it 15 years later...

Flesh tone plugs and no one will know lol.

Good luck Loring, if its what you want to do, I wish you luck! Stay in SLC if you can, you know as well as I we need more good cops in this area.

They have surgeries to fix that, I know this because my friend just got it done. Probably expensive though, my friends sister is a cosmetic surgeon so....

Joining the military and becoming an MP is another way you could go, longer but most likely have better odds of becoming one.
Good luck man and someone who craps on someone for asking advice on something they want to do in life is just small person. Oh and just curious, what happened with the CNC operator?

CNC failed due to trig mathmatics and too laid back for me.

I am informed that I need to pass a test called the end-post before the academy will accept me in. Currently I am studying for the test and starting to walk to get my stamina up so I can work it into jogging. So yeah still with it for sure, wish I could get an LEO to chime in.

Good luck man!! I tried to get into the NYSP, only to find out my knees can't take all the running in the academy. Never give up on your dream, and don't listen to all the negativity. Keep your chin up, YOU control your future.

Loring, not to add to your discourage, at your age you don't have much time left. Local law agency's don't like to hire past 25years old, they feel that many 21year olds are willing to take the jod. Bieng in law enforcement is not easy by no stretch of any imagination, the responsibility can be overwhelming to say the least, you can't worry about your safety because you will get hurt (last night i came home with a black eye, from a teenager), you will sooner or later be sued for something you did or didn't do. If you are a soft hearted person, you be eaten alive. Dealing with death sucks, dealing with victim's will play on your emotions. Its not as bad as it sounds but its not like you hear or see on tv, we have a lot of fun with eachother, we all look out for eachother and everyone's back, it's the biggest friendship you can ever ask for. Bottom line, ask your self if you can shoot and kill anyone (from a crack head to a child) at blink of an eye. You will loose companion for everything, trust me. Its cool to drive around fast, blow lights eith the bright lights and a loud siren going chasing someone, but it's not fun taking the blame for someone getting hurt because of it, and it does happen. I hope i didn't offend you, I'm just saying it takes a special person to hold a job like this and even that person often doesn't make it. If you have any questions let me know, i would be happy to help..

The trig really isn't all that hard, I never learned it in high school and passed math easy even after being out of school for 10 years. I've just dropped CNC and metal worker cause its yo-yo industry been laid off 4 times in 3 years, I even have my millwright but no one wants to take a chance on apprentices anymore cause they can pay some ya-hoo a lot less.
Anyways I'm going back to school in May for an RN lots of demand especially males in that field and I figure people are always going to be sick or elderly so hopefully less lay offs.

Back