The evolution of a Hyper 7.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris407

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
My Hyper 7 rebuild before and after with video.
Started out Stock Hyper 7 PBS. Here's what I did:
Mac*.28 engine
Jammin JP4 pipe
Reds Quattro clutch
New front, rear and center differentials
Hyper 7 SS Wing
Hyper 7 TQ gas tank and fuel lines
Hyper 7 SS air filter
LOSI front shock springs
Hyper 7 TQ center diff housing and brake/cam set
Stock tires and rims
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
My Hyper 7 rebuild before and after with video.
Started out Stock Hyper 7 PBS. Here's what I did:
Mac*.28 engine
Jammin JP4 pipe
Reds Quattro clutch
New front, rear and center differentials
Hyper 7 SS Wing
Hyper 7 TQ gas tank and fuel lines
Hyper 7 SS air filter
Losi front shock springs
Hyper 7 TQ center diff housing and brake/cam set
Stock tires and rims
View attachment 17222 View attachment 17223 View attachment 17224 View attachment 17225

Man I dig that. Good stuff bud.

image.jpeg

Nice to see somebody giving a hyper 7 some love, above is my Hyper 7 that I've been working on for a while, a total rebuild that I actually just finished yesterday.
I just need to install my reciever and break the motor in.

image.jpeg

Thanks man. That's a really nice looking build and yeah there's nothing like the Hyper 7 ;)

I just thought it would be cool to build an old H7 and make it as modern looking as possible, I've looked around at various H7 builds and have never seen one done in a way that really made you want to look at an old dog, I tried very hard to achieve that look with my Hyper 7.
I have one of the newer Hyper SS and a super sweet Hyper 8.5, my favorite buggy is my Sworkz S350 Bk1 evo, absolute thing of beauty.
But I will never forget the first buggy I ever looked at and eventually bought, a Hyper 7 PCR edition with pillow ball suspension, love at first site I tell you lol, I was a RC plane guy so I never cared much for rc cars, that's why I will always own a couple H7s no matter what occupies my hanger or garage.

Still giving the Hyper 7 some love in 2021 😜 my Hyper 7 is the 2001 Ofna Hyper 7

Hyper 30 turbo - 16T clutch bell
Fastrax pro race efra 2062 (jammin jp4 rebrand)
Carbon servo tray
Carbon front top plate
Alloy center diff plate
Alloy shock towers
Twin disk rear brake - single disk front
Centro max dual stage air filter
Spider diffs front & rear
Savox Sc0254mg Throttle servo - Alloy servo horn
Savox Sc1201mg Stearing servo - Alloy servo horn
Team Magic 1600mah rx battery

Upgrades still to do

Reds quad clutch & flywheel
Center Spider diff
Alloy front & rear chassis brace
New shell

I'm afraid I do not know how to upload pics

REALLY SWEET LOOKING HYPER 7.. you both did a really nice job. With your rebuilds. Look awesome...well done 👍👍

I'm afraid I do not know how to upload pics
Just drag and drop them from your desktop to the area where you're typing and it will insert the pic or you can click on the "insert image" button at the top of the chat box you're typing in.

We were just talking about the Hyper 30 engine the other day in another thread. How do you like that engine?
Absolute pig to get tuned right super sensitive to changes on the LSN i even tried a change of needle just incase. Still trying to get a better tune myself but boy does the engine rip. I do have the benefit of running a jp4 exhaust which helps over a stock pipe but I'm definitely impressed with the engines performance. Bad points though would be the carb isn't great its definitely an engine to check for air leaks before running it. I don't have any issues with the cops pullstart system myself I hear a lot of complaints about it.

Shes a screamer thats fo sho!
Running a lot better now hoping to get her out ripping soon just waiting on my friend to finish his break in on his force 28 engine in his Hyper 7. My other friend has finished his Hong Nor Ultra LX2 with a force 21 some fancy pants electric start thing attached too 🥱🥱 - Pics attached of both my friends buggys. I'm gonna eat them alive 🤭🤭 they have no idea how much this thing rips gonna bite harder next time its out too finally found some Answer-rc Alloy clutch shoes.

Attachments

• received_185202003689718.jpeg
    received_185202003689718.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 38
  • received_426751895483681.jpeg
    received_426751895483681.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 53
A retune of my Hyper 30 and boy does she move since this video though I have fitted the Reds quad clutch system will get a new video as soon as weather permits use lol. Had a quick race with a local lad who’s running reds 521 engine in his kyosho inferno 3 and it gave him a good spanking will hopefully see him again and get a few videos.

Back