Teremoto V2 steering problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjanora100

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a redcat terremoto v2. When I turn it on the steering wheels instantly go all the way to the left. After they are stuck in that position they don't move when I try to steer them. First I replaced the steering servo and it did the same thing. It went to the left then didn't respond. So then I checked to make sure it wasn't the receiver by switching the throttle and steering wire. The throttle worked perfect being switched. So it's not the receiver. So my only guess is that's it's the controller. What do you guys think it is?

What happened when you plug the ESC into the steering port of the receiver

What do you mean. I swapped the steering servo wire and the throttle servo wire that plug into the receiver. When I did this the throttle responded to the controller perfectly. The only difference was that I used the wheel on the controller instead of the trigger to control the throttle. Doing this eliminated the receiver being the problem.

Plug the ESC then to the steering port on the receiver and turn the steering wheel on the transmitter to see if it moves or respond the motor

What will move or respond to the motor?

Plug the ESC into to the steering port of the receiver and turn the steering wheel to see if the motor will work.

oh ok. And that will eliminate the esc right

Oh ok I will try it tommorow and post what happens

try taking the steering horn off of your Servo and then turn the ESC on and make sure the servo is centered before you put the servo horn back on

I have had the whole servo off and when I turn it on it still instantly goes to the left and then doesn't respond anymore. The servo horn was not connected

Just to make sure steering is Channel 1 and throttle is channel 2

This is the setup I have. There is no way to plug the esc into the receiver.

Attachments

• 15864479055667420835128938999338.jpg
    15864479055667420835128938999338.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 48
Put your throttle wire on Channel 1 then turn your steering wheel on the transmitter to see if the motor works or if it runs wide open. The ESC is your throttle wire

I put the throttle wire into channel 1 and yes I can control the throttle with the wheel perfectly.Alls I needed to do was adjust the throttle trim a little and it works perfect. So this eliminated the transmitter right.

yes. now try putting servo in no 2 and pull trigger should make steering work

black or brown wire goes to the outside of receiver, be sure that's right