Temp question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an old E-Maxx and I had just replaced the two drive shafts for the rear end and the front right side. I charged both batteries and took it outside for a little bit. Sense it was dark I was mostly pumping the accelerator because I don't want to loose total control of it (I live next to a main road too :p:). I ran it probably for about 5 min I would say. Turned it off, went back inside. When I took the shell off I felt the two titans. The both were pretty warm. Not too warm that I couldn't touch them but they were getting there. Also the two 6 cell sticks I had were mildly warm. The esc didn't seem to be bad though. What I want to know is; is this normal for an old twin titan like this one? The ESC is a NOVAK Traxxas brand 14.4v model number 3014.
Is this something I should be worried about? I can't find my i.r. temp meter right now so I can't give you an exact reading for the temps.

BTW the batteries I was using were two 6 cell Druatrax 7.2v 4200 NiMH.

Check moving components for binding or dragging. Something's probably a little out of whack. Take the pinions off and roll it on the ground or something.

Pinions, you meen from the center diff on the truck?