Temp question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Hyster

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an old E-Maxx and I had just replaced the two drive shafts for the rear end and the front right side. I charged both batteries and took it outside for a little bit. Sense it was dark I was mostly pumping the accelerator because I don't want to loose total control of it (I live next to a main road too :p:). I ran it probably for about 5 min I would say. Turned it off, went back inside. When I took the shell off I felt the two titans. The both were pretty warm. Not too warm that I couldn't touch them but they were getting there. Also the two 6 cell sticks I had were mildly warm. The esc didn't seem to be bad though. What I want to know is; is this normal for an old twin titan like this one? The ESC is a NOVAK Traxxas brand 14.4v model number 3014.
Is this something I should be worried about? I can't find my i.r. temp meter right now so I can't give you an exact reading for the temps.

Hyster

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
BTW the batteries I was using were two 6 cell Druatrax 7.2v 4200 NiMH.

Metalhead Matt

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Check moving components for binding or dragging. Something's probably a little out of whack. Take the pinions off and roll it on the ground or something.

Hyster

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Pinions, you meen from the center diff on the truck?