Tekno RC SCT410SL 1/10th 4WD Lightweight Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how durable they'll turn out to be. I just got a used sct410.3, 3rd out the 6 of us that race together, and so far all of them have been tanks. Well, compared to Slash lcg 4x4s anyway 😁
Now the rest of the guys want sct410s but they're not that easy to come by in Europe.

ID of springs for the 13mm shocks:
13mm Spring ID.jpg

REAR ARM REAR MOUNTED SHOCKS
I forgot to mention/show parts used for rear mounted rear shocks.
IMG_20230227_152146707_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230227_122849549.jpg

Added 2mm spacer to the bottom of the shocks to give extra clearance.
IMG_20230308_060937186b.jpg
IMG_20230308_060458029_HDRb.jpg
IMG_20230308_060702633_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230308_060742641_HDRb.jpg

Last edited:

SHOCK CAPS​

I had a good run. Many years of running (and still using) the same stock composite caps on my ET410 with no issues. On the SCT410SL it was a different story. Last month I blew the stock shock cap off.
1694958803112.png

I'm guessing pressure built up, hard landing, and, POOF, the cap slipped off a thread or two. I'm not taking anymore chances... Tekno's aluminum shock caps now on
😁

One Is Not Enough 😜:cool:

I was originally planning on buying a second SCT410SL, because I've enjoyed the first one so much during the past year. Then the 2.0 came out... my focus was owning that platform. I don't normally buy used RCs, but, for the right price, I will make considerations. Thanks to a RC Tech forum/SCT410SL group member, a new/never ran SL platform has made the coast to coast journey to central PA.

I had been eyeballing the for sale listing since new years day. I thought for sure the SCT410SL would have been picked up by someone before I had a chance to get one of my SC10s sold. I now have a second SL platform that I'm going to run box stock setup to compare handling to my other SL.
1708912317809.png

The SCT4 is a pretty good truck on track...

One Is Not Enough 😜:cool:

I was originally planning on buying a second SCT410SL, because I've enjoyed the first one so much during the past year. Then the 2.0 came out... my focus was owning that platform. I don't normally buy used RCs, but, for the right price, I will make considerations. Thanks to a RC Tech forum/SCT410SL group member, a new/never ran SL platform has made the coast to coast journey to central PA.

I had been eyeballing the for sale listing since new years day. I thought for sure the SCT410SL would have been picked up by someone before I had a chance to get one of my SC10s sold. I now have a second SL platform that I'm going to run box stock setup to compare handling to my other SL.
View attachment 183124
What a clunker! :hehe:

What a clunker! :hehe:
I know. Right? Some people like 'em, and others can't stand 'em. What really gets me laughing are the ones that sold their SCT410SL when the SCT410 2.0 came out, then found out they didn't like the SCT410 2.0 platform... went and bought another SCT410SL.

Do you have a post somewhere comparing the two to the .3?

Do you have a post somewhere comparing the two to the .3?
Not yet. Maybe in about a month or two when temps are favorable 😁 . I'm sure there are YouTubers out there with it already done. I just love the weight of the "superlight" platforms compared to my 2wd SCTs that I was always adding weight to. The SCT410SL just fits my driving style and track so well.

Back