Tekin reciever, no BEC, WTF

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorradoPsi

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i bought a used reciever off of ebay. when it got here i see that there is no plug for my battery. how am i supposed to wire this thing up, its gotta get power to the radio system somehow. if its helps any its going into my HPI Nitro MT. here is a picture to illustrate my dilema

3515IMG_0973.jpg

You should be able to plug you power lead into any of the channels and be good. If you use channels 1 and 2 for steering and throttle, then use 3 for power. Or whatever works best for you.

oh ok, thanks. but for curiosities sake. how would i hook it up if i wanted to use all 3 channels? just splice the power in somewhere?

Not sure.

On a couple planes I have as well as one car, I just use an open channel. Never thought about if I needed all the channels AND power.

Is it possible to get a manual from the manufacturer?

Hmmm, that's interesting. I don't know all thenitty gritty on how those things work but I assume you wouldn't be able to splice it. It just seems to me that 1 channel having to bring in power and send a signal at the same time wouldn't be possible, but I dunno. that is kinda weird though

well its in and working fine, thanks guys, that one had me stumped. as for splicing i think it would work. it seems that the power system in the radio is all connected (parallel i suspect) and since you have a seperate signal wire for all your servo's i see no reason why you couldnt splice your power into one. i guess ill try splicing power into one of the 2 channels I'm using to see if it works, just out of curiosity.

Back