Team Magic Forumla 8 Buggy Bag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thought you guys might have seen this bag or want to know more about it. I saw it, seemed very nice but its very pricey at $169.95. I would be better off with a GS Racing or other bag. Anyway, anybody interested, it does hold a lot: Here is the info:

Team Magic says... <BR><BR>

There are more & more Top 10 drivers in the world championship using this bag now, including several World Champions & Finalists. This Team Magic 1/8 bag is specially designed for professional drivers. They like this stylish bag very much. For more information, please check below.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profra.jsp?tag=proInf&id=119220&pageNum=1

TM New Formula 8 (F8) Car Bag (for 1/8 cars)

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag1.jpg

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag2.jpg

Main different features of this new bag:

1. Special black drawers¡XThese drawers are made of special material. It¡¦s no problem to wash them. In addition, these special drawers offer much better supports than traditional cardboard boxes. In addition, there is a user-friendly handle on each drawer. No need to tangle with the poor handle anymore.

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag3.jpg

2. Removable separate sheet¡XNow, we have sheets to separate two drawers. This makes it easier to pull out the drawers. If you don¡¦t want to use them, just remove them.

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag4.jpg

3. Differ drawer allocation¡XThe car drawer is on top now. Normally, car is light when compared with other heavy equipment. That¡¦s why we put this drawer on the above position now.

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag5.jpg

4. More rubber feet. There are 2 more rubber feet at the bottom now, totally 4pcs. They are very important when you have heavy stuff inside the car bag. The bag can stand firmly with these rubber feet.

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag6.jpg

5. Easy to carry handle¡XWe add a nylon handle on the bag. Now, it¡¦s easier to put the bag in the trunk as you have two handles to left the bag.

Team Magic is the first company releasing a true R/C car bag. The bag has particular space for car, tools, setup board & connecting other bags. You can keep every item in it¡¦s position. No need to put everything in the same drawer. In addition, it is also very easy to tow the bag around the track as a cool handle & smooth trolley wheels are used. However, the only problem is that the bag was for 1/10 touring car only. To fulfill 1/8 car owners¡¦ needs, Team Magic designers have working hard to release a 1/8 bag with more new & cool functions. Now, here you are¡XThe All New F8 Car Bag.

Spec:

Fits most 1/8 on-road & off-road cars

Bag Dimension (LxWxH): 55x35x59cm

Parts Box Inner Dimension: 50x10x5.5cm (1pcs)

Small Box Inner Dimension: 32x20.5x12cm (1pcs)

Medium Box Inner Dimension: 32x24x12cm (3pcs)

Large Box Inner Dimension: 50x32x19cm (1pcs)

Features:

1. Muti-space for different purposes

2. Other TM bags can be attached

3. Smart designs everywhere

4. Stylish design

1. Space for different items

Most professional drivers have lots of accessories to carry when they go racing. It¡¦s not easy to find the needed stuff if it is not stored in a particular position. You may need to take everything out before you find the items you need. To solve this problem, Team Magic designers survey how racers store their cars & accessories. After months¡¦ hard working, Team Magic released the first ever true R/C 1/10 touring car bag. Every 1/10 car racers are happy with the release of this cool bag as they can easily find the stuff they need now. After having this cool 1/10 touring car bag in the market, many 1/8 car racers are asking ¡§when will TM have a 1/8 car bag for us?¡¨

To further fulfill 1/8 car owners¡¦ requests, TM designers not only use the original designs on the F8 car bag, but also input more good ideas to make it even better. Below we can find it¡¦s storage capabilities:

a. Removable tool caddy

Let¡¦s start from top part. To open the top cover, you will need to remove the buckle of top strap first & attach it to the other side. Then, detach the Velcro & unzip the top cover. After opening the top cover of the F8 bag, you can find there is a tool caddy with 20 slots for you to keep tools organized. Tools are securely held by elastic straps. When you sit in pit area, just put F8 bag on the ground & you can easily reach the tools. Also, as the tool caddy is attached to the bag with Velcro, you can also remove the tool caddy & put it on the table for easy access.

Pic1. Smart design to hold the strap

Pic2. Adequate height to reach tools

Pic3. Removable tool stand

b. Convenient parts box

When you are doing pit job, normally you will need some places to store the parts or any removed assembly. If you don¡¦t place them well, some items may disappear. To prevent any unwanted mistakes, TM put a rectangular box on the top of the F8 bag for you to store the parts. This box is also removable & you can put it on the pit table for easy access.

Pic1. Simple, but good & convenient

Pic2. Can be placed on the pit table

c. Multiple drawers

There are totally 5 dark grey drawers available for you to store your car & accessories. To use these drawers, please unzip the side zippers first & finely scroll the front cover. There are Velcro straps for you to attach the front cover to the upper part after you make them as a roll. This way you can keep tool caddy & drawers working at the same time. The lower 4 drawers are of two different sizes. 3pcs medium size & 1pcs smaller size. They are good for you to store valuable accessories & parts. Even professional drivers find the bag is quite enough for them to store most of their stuff. The above large drawer is specially designed for most popular 1/8 on-road & off-road cars in the market. You will find that you car can rest inside very well. Compared with other equipment, car is normally light. That¡¦s why we put the car drawer on the top. As there are enough drawers available, you can put clean & dirty items in different drawers. No need to worry about mess everywhere. In addition, black color is easy to maintain & dust-free. You can easily clean or wash the boxes. No need to worry about getting stained by oil or dirt.

Pic1. Smart cover scroll design

Pic2. Large capacity drawers

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag7.jpg

d. Multi-purpose pockets

At the back side of the F8 car bag, there is a large pocket specially designed for TM setup boards, no matter it is 1/10 or 1/8 size board. Sometimes, a big setup board becomes annoying when you cannot find the place to store them. TM car bags complete solve this problem. On the left side, one long pocket with Velcro strap is good for racers to put setup system here. There are reflection straps on the setup board pocket & left side pocket. When you tow the bag, people can easily see you. At the right side of the bag, two expandable zipper pockets give you extra storage room. Some spare parts can be placed here. Do you need more pockets? I don¡¦t think so.

Pic1. Pocket for setup board

Pic2. Pocket good for setup system

Pic3. Two side zipper pockets

Pic4. Reflection straps

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag8.jpg

2. Link with other TM bags

Team Magic is also the first company to introduce all-bags-in-one concept. There is one Velcro strap on each side of the car bag allows you to attach TM transmitter bag & starter bag. It¡¦s easy to carry all the bags to the race track now as actually you only need to tow one bag now.

Pic1. Easy to attach

Pic2. Three bags in one

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag9.jpg

3. Full of smart designs

To make the F8 bag the leader in the market, Team Magic also adds lots of smart ideas on the bag. They are not only eye-catching, but also very functional. Let¡¦s see how do they work.

Human engineering handle
The shape of F8 handle is arc-shaped design. It is very easy to tow & working good when carrying heavy stuff. Save you lots of energy. The mono handle body design is also the main factor why it works better than other handles in the market. The handle is fully extendable & retractable. When in use, you get a long enough length. When you sit in the pit, the handle is fully inside the bag. In addition, its appearance is very attractive. Most racers love it when they first see the handle. To make it easier to put the bag in the trunk, there is another nylon handle added to the other side.

Pic1. Energy saving handle

Pic2. Another handle for you to carry

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag10.jpg

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag11.jpg

http://www.rccaraction.com/pics/bag12.jpg

b. Smart carrying strap

The carrying strap is good for hand carry & shoulder carry. The length is adjustable. For comfortable touch & grip, there is a fine padded grip on the strap. There is an elegant TM logo on the grip. The 3 position strap design also makes the carrying job easier. The bag can keep balanced based on this design. When you are going to open the top cover, just remove the strap buckle & plug the male side buckle to the other female side buckle. No need to worry about the strap falling on the ground & get dirty.

Pic1. Three position strap design

Pic2. Comfortable padded grip

c. Hard wearing top cover & bottom

The material used for the top cover & bottom side is a special material. It wears very well & doesn¡¦t get damaged no matter what items you put on it. In addition, the material offers very good grip. When you put parts above the top cover, you don¡¦t need to worry about the items moving around. The dark color is also very easy to maintain & clean.

Pic1. Unique material for top cover

d. Strong H shape design

The overall bag structure is like H shape with many strong & lightweight plates inside. With this structure, we are sure that F8 bag is the strongest car bag in the market. As it is very strong, you can put heavy stuff inside & don¡¦t need to worry about it¡¦s force-bearing ability.

Pic1. Strong structure

e. Special TM zipper

You may have noticed that we use special zipper on some of our bags¡Xzipper with TM logo on it. This helps racers to identify the bag easily. In addition, it¡¦s easier to unzip as it is slightly larger & you can hold it easily. The special part is that the TM zipper has ¡§parking¡¨ function. When you zip the bag open or close, it works very smooth. If you want to ¡§park¡¨ it, you just need to lay the TM zipper back (with logo facing outside). It prevents the bag from opening.

Pic1. Cool TM zipper

f. Smooth movement

There are two large wheels at the bottom side of the bag. These two wheels help the bag to move easily. They are positioned as wide as possible to balance the overall weight. The bag won¡¦t lean to one side easily. In addition, the wheels are hidden inside the bag for better appearance. To better support the bag, totally 4pcs large rubber feet are used. No matter how heavy the bag is, these wheels & rubber feet are always on duty.

Pic1. Smooth wheels

Pic2. Stable rubber feet

4. A bag with style

F8 represents the newest concept of TM design team. You can easily find the cool ¡§F8¡¨ logo on the bag. ¡§F¡¨ stands for formula & ¡§8¡¨ stands for 1/8 size. Designed by Mizar¡Xour design team. Grey, Black & orange colors are subtly used to construct the appearance of the bag. We believe it¡¦s very eye-catching & you can easily recognize the bag. The color & material combination is not only good for look, but also functional. It doesn¡¦t get dirty easily & it is slightly waterproof. On the front side, printed orange TM logo & small Team Magic tag are only for TM fans to show their racing mates.

Pic1. Stylish F8 logo

Pic2. Dust-free material

Pic3. TM logo for fans

Team Magic designers have spent a long time on the design of F8 bag. They try their best to put all the good features on the bag. With this special car bag, you will find it is a pleasure to use it & show it around because every part you can imagine is well taken care of.

As with everything else...you get what you pay for.

I have it, and I will say this, it's worth it. If you have a coupon code for a couple of the shops that carry it you can get $10-15 off. You can also get the Sportworks bag which is the same bag on with blue instead of orange and it comes with carboard drawers. You can buy the corrogated plastic Magic drawers for about $40 to go in the bag but the cost of the Sportwerks bag and the other drawers puts you up there anyway. The quality of the bag is great, it looks good and is very durable and practicle! I just wish they had one for a truggy!

Will it fit a monster buggy? Any leads Jet on where to get it with a discount?

Amain or Carolina's RC sign up for the newsletter and you will get codes in the newsletter. I believe the price went up at amain recently. Not sure about the monster buggy, don't have one.

um... I can't remember how much it was before but it sure wasn't no fiddlesticking $200. That's gotta be a $40 price jump. That is just WRONG.

However, I do believe you definatley get what you pay for. I don't agree with the price increase but I'd guess it's still worth it. I got the TM setup kit for x-mas and it's an excellent kit. The quality is top notch and the case it comes in is VERY VERY nice. :thumbup: for TM :thumbdown: for price gouging

was $169, what did it jump up to? I was just on carolina's the other day and saw it for that price.

$193.00

That bag was at the top of my "to buy" list but I absolutely will NOT buy it for that price.. That's BS. That's almost a 20% price hike. I've done a lot of business with A-Main (as has my wife) but I'm balking on this one till they bring that price back down.

Last edited:
Back