Team Associated RC-10 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage x

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, I'm trying to fix my buddy's Associated Rc-10, but can't figure out whats going on. First, it wont pump any fuel. You can prime the truck and it will run for a second until the prime is burnt then it cuts out and wont fire anymore until you prime it again. You can remove the fuel line off the carb and pull it over and it pumps fuel perfectly.

Secondly, the throttle/brake wont work on the remote. The steering works, but the throttle/ brake wont work while using the remote. Any help would be great.

hi, I'm trying to fix my buddy's Associated Rc-10, but can't figure out whats going on. First, it wont pump any fuel. You can prime the truck and it will run for a second until the prime is burnt then it cuts out and wont fire anymore until you prime it again. You can remove the fuel line off the carb and pull it over and it pumps fuel perfectly.

Secondly, the throttle/brake wont work on the remote. The steering works, but the throttle/ brake wont work while using the remote. Any help would be great.

Do you see air bubbles in the fuel line when it's hooked to the carb while your priming it? If so then you either have a fuel line with a pin hole in it or a leaky take lid which is very common on rc cars simple fix they make a lid rebuild kit for like 3 bucks or you can buy a whole new fuel tank for like 6 bucks on ebay. If everything is working but the steering and brake either the servo is bad try hooking your throttle brake in the slot for the sterring if the throttle brake works it's not the servo if thats not the problem you may have a bad reciever but more than likely it's the servo.

I switched the throttle/brake plug with the steering plug and the throttle/brake makes the steering move. Then i try the steering wheel and nothing happens. Does this mean the servo for the throttle/brake is gone??

Yes that is your problem. Get you a new throttle brake servo and you will be good to go.

Back